Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much research I let my gut and my butt make the decision. I took ownership about two weeks ago. 2006 with 11K, new tires, no dings scratches or dents...I'm pleased.

I compared it to a 2010 Vulcan 1700 and for me it just seemed a better fit. I like sitting in, not on the bike and really liked the low CG. Rake is the same as the Vulcan 1500 (not sure about trail) so no big surprises in the parking lot. Actually, if we are mindful of where we spend our time riding parking lots don't seem to be that significant.

Two friends and I spent 10 days and 2000 miles on a Black Hills trip this summer on my 1500 vulcan and I knew something bigger was in my future. Gold Wings aren't my cup of tea, I'm a V Twin fan, probably because of age (73) and frankly I fell in love with this machine the first time I rode it. To big, to bulky, hard to maneuver etc., etc. was the advice of my riding buddies...bah humbug.

Anyway, I enjoy the posts and photos on the forum and look forward to sharing some stories in the future.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
its just like they say "if you cant run with the big dogs.. best just stay on the porch".

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Welcome to the club! It's an elite group. Enjoy the ride. You've been ruined for all other bikes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey good on ya. Its a beautifully made bike. I can stare at it for hours like a fine work of art. I cannot understand why other people don't see the beauty that we see in these bikes. You get all the usual comments like, "its big" "must go well" "nice colour" "how big is the motor" all the usual crap they ask. But I have yet to see a person look at it and say "that thing is a work of art the way its been made" or something like that.
Then beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
When I look at crotch rockets with there plastic everything, fairings and screens hiding the actual bike hidden underneath it all, they all look the same to me, with absolutely no character of a motorcycle left to see or feel, they are so smooth you don't feel anything when you ride them, or they are buzzy and annoying.
I don't see the beauty in those bikes like their owners do, so I guess its just what you see in something that makes it special to the owner.
Leadwings make me puke, not my thing either.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Big toy

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on finding a V2K! Bought mine new in 2004 and have never had a regret:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome Norwegian, ya can't go wrong on a V2K. As the crew have already stated the best points, these sleds are truly 'bang' for buck in every way, looks, sheer size, cubic capacity quality and all rolled up with that usual Kawa reliability.

Enjoy that beast, all the best and look forward to hearing and seeing more from form ya, Ando

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same opinion here. This is the most bad ass bike I ever owned. I believe you could pull Hell through a wood pecker hole if you could get hooked on with all that torque!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wife calls mine "The other woman" . She says it OK because it always brings me home.
Once you have the V2K, you never go back.

J

·
0 Posts
When I look at crotch rockets with there plastic everything, fairings and screens hiding the actual bike hidden underneath it all, they all look the same to me, with absolutely no character of a motorcycle left to see or feel, they are so smooth you don't feel anything when you ride them, or they are buzzy and annoying.
I don't see the beauty in those bikes like their owners do, so I guess its just what you see in something that makes it special to the owner.
Leadwings make me puke, not my thing either.
In the garage alongside my 2006 V2k sits both a ZX14 and a "leadwing". Each of them excel in doing things that the other two can't even dream of doing, and that's why they're all there. No one motorcycle can ever make me completely satisfied, therefore we own five. My ZX14 overflows with 'character'....and of course, absolutely exhilarating performance, which is part of that 'character'. My wife thinks my V2K looks like every other Harley-template V-twin clone on the road and can't tell one cruiser from another, though the Vulcan 2000 seems 'bigger' to her than most others. She's owned seventeen motorcycle herself over time, but in general, cruisers just make her eyes glaze over and she goes into some kind of catatonic state whenever I talk about them, then she falls asleep.

Anyway, congratulations on buying one of the finest large V-twin motorcycles ever made, I really like this model and never had a moments regret for buying it, in fact, I feel absolutely brilliant for buying my V2K over the $16,000 used Road King I almost bought before I found my Vulcan. If you had a big V-twin 'itch' like I did, this thing will scratch it like few others. It's a freaking locomotive of a motorcycle, and I swear the engine is as much Pratt & Whitney as it is Kawasaki.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts