Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I got my 09 900LT in sept. 09. Love the bike.
I've got a question. Does anybody make a sissybar rear rack besides Kaw. that is a little more money friendly?
Thanks VN riders. Looks like a great site.
Bob

·
Registered
137 Posts
Look around EBAY. Yeppers, if you get it from a kawasaki stealership, it will set up back a few.

T

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got a Cobra rack on eBay for a reasonable price... and BTW, welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yes. Just make sure you get one made for the LT that will work with the stock Vulcan 900 sissy bar.
This is the best pic I have that shows it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bones that is quite the seat. what is that

·
Registered
657 Posts
That is a Russel Day-Long Seat. I decided I had enough of the stock bench and didn't feel like messing around with pads and promises so I set-up a drive-in appt and had it done in a day. They take your measurements and weight to make the basic seat bucket (on the stock seat pan) with size and foam density. It's reenforced with two metal springs. They let me sit on it before putting the cover on just to be sure it was perfect. I went with leather inserts and vinyl panels (you can't tell the differance no way, no how!!!). I also had the stock passanger backrest re-done with a larger pad for my wife's comfort as we ride two up a lot (rode to San Francisco yesterday). The driver backrest is adjustable (both up/down and forward/back), folds down flat and is easily removable. I usually only use it for longer trips. I made a vinyl covered foam block that goes in the space when I'm not using the backrest.
I thought it was comfortable the first time I rode it, but after about 900 miles, it's a dream to sit on. 10 hours in the saddle yesterday and when I got off after getting home, it was like getting up out of a Lazy Boy. You don't sit on it, you sit in it. My wife likes it as much as I do. Very pricey, but worth every cent in my book. Saddlemen, Mustang nor Corbin can even close to matching it!!!

The full Monty!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info on the rear rack. And like everyone else is saying, THAT is one beautiful seat!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Prices vary, Found the Day-long website. $690 for a dual, part leather, part vinyl without backrest. I want one though!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I did mine to the 9's so it was expensive. (vinyl/leather combe, ride-in appt, heavy duty driver suspension, driver backrest, re-do passanger backrest). Even the basic seat may be expensive compared to some others, but it's made for you and is as good as it can possibly get!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oooh... makes me just want to sit on that seat for a while. Maybe I'll take a ride out to Cali, and will you let me try it out???:D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oooh... makes me just want to sit on that seat for a while. Maybe I'll take a ride out to Cali, and will you let me try it out???:D
You make a ride out here, and I'll let you take it around the block once or twice...and sit on it for an additional 20 minutes!!!

Love the seat also, Can I ask what you guys use to protect the leather on the seat and bags.
I haven't really given it much thought, but I really should start looking into some protection, as it were. I do have some leather protectrant, but it's for the seats in my Silverado. I may take a look at it...

:cool::D:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts