Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it's official: I'm a Kawasaki fanboy!

Growing up, my dad had a 1978 KZ650SR, and I used to love riding that bike, but he sold it before I got my license. Since I got my own M-endorsement, I've been on a passive hunt for a good running KZ, hopefully the same year and color. Alas, the closest I've gotten was a 79, in midnight blue. Won it on eBay last week, picked it up this past Saturday, and have put 20 miles on her already. Bike runs well, starts easily, brakes, clutch, everything seems good on it. I have an appointment to take it to my motorcycle mechanic to have him do a once-over on it and let me know if there are any glaring things I missed.

Just thought I'd share, since I now have my Vaquero, VN800B, and this KZ650!

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
The KZ 650 is classic and the daddy of the 750. I had one loved it, but now I have a 800 classic also. They both not that far apart performance wise and the 800 is a better ride. Hope you are having fun with your KZ 650. I had a Kerker 4 in 1 and KN HV air filters on the carbs.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The KZ 650 is classic and the daddy of the 750. I had one loved it, but now I have a 800 classic also. They both not that far apart performance wise and the 800 is a better ride. Hope you are having fun with your KZ 650. I had a Kerker 4 in 1 and KN HV air filters on the carbs.
Funny, my warmed-over 800 seems faster, but the KZ seems to handle better. The KZ has been fun so far.

-John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts