Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello yawl. I'll be picking up a 2007 900 Custom with 45k miles. Got it for $2k. Its a beautiful thing. Neve seen rain, looks like it just came out of the dealership.
I've already noticed the fuel gauge does not work properly and saw a post on it, unfortunately the pics don't work anymore. Previous owner drilled out completely the baffles on the exhaust and makes it waaaay too loud. Luckily there are plenty of ebay exhausts in good condition.
Also, the headlight high beam doesn't appear to be working. Is this also a common issue?
Other than that, the bike runs great and I'll be doing all fluid changes once i get it home. What else should i be replacing/ looking out for? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
.....fuel gauge does not work properly and saw a post on it, unfortunately the pics don't work anymore......
About the fuel gauge, here's a couple of pictures I have:

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
All the VN900 exhaust will fit. Only differences are Chrome vs Black & with or without O2 sensors.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Also, the headlight high beam doesn't appear to be working. Is this also a common issue?
Not really. However, this sounds like the high beam portion of the bulb is burned out. This might be a good opportunity to think about replacing the headlight bulb with a brighter LED, to make it easier for you to be seen on the road.
Other than that, the bike runs great and I'll be doing all fluid changes once i get it home.
This sounds good, as I was thinking besides the oil and oil filter, the radiator coolant (specific to aluminum engines) most likely needs to be changed. You should look at the air filter and maybe the spark plugs too.

If you don't mind me asking, what are those weird ice cream scoop looking things on the sides of the forks? Was the previous owner like a county health employee taking air samples or something? I've never seen anything like that before. That's a lovely looking bike, BTW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts