Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before I get busted! I have searched the forum :)
I have just bought this bike which has 22,000 miles on the clock. It looks new has been garaged all its life and kept immaculately.
Here's my question - it's to do with ................................... engine vibration :(
Having owned a Honda VTX1800c I'm used to big bikes but the Honda runs smooth as clockwork.
This bike has a vibration just a fraction above idle when I rev the engine slowly. It is noticeable when stationary but seems to be there through all gears. If I pull the clutch in it is smooth as anything so that eliminates tyres, and tyre pressure.
Can someone help me as I love the bike and I just want to eliminate this one annoying feature of this bike.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
It is the inherent nature of the V-twin. These Kawasaki engines just do not smooth out till the upper RPM range.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
What may be smooth to some is a vibration to another.
That being said, over the internet vibration analysis is just about impossible, but a few checks could be in order.
What you might want to rule out is an off-idle misfire which would translate to vibration.

1. Does it have a fuel processor?
2. Any other modifications?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced with new plugs when I got the bike. Still got old ones see upload
Replaced with DPR6EA9. Old plugs were DPR7EA9

Replaced plugs before posting the question :)

Vibration still there

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike is new to me so am replacing the common service items - so I know it is all good. Especially for a bike that has sat for a long time. So new factory spec plugs, synthetic oil, air filter, brake and clutch fluid.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
I know that some NGK's had an issue with intermittent misfire, but you have that covered.
I have no other ideas...needs a hands on assessment to see if the vibration is normal, or not.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
326 Posts
What vibration? All I hear is MUSIC !!!

Steelo !!!
Welcome to Vulcandom!!!

First thing is your old Hondoo is a Dual Pin Crank so it WILL be smoother at most RPM's...
Your new Nomad is a Single Pin Crank so it will definitely vibrate more...
You get the "Traditional" sound and feel and experience on the Nad...
The Nad motor is counter balanced pretty well though, so it doesn't BOUNCE around like the older Harley's do.
Ever sat next to a Harley at a red light and watched their motors and handlebars shake like a freight train???
Crazy !!!

The Vulcans are more about the overall riding experience and the FEEL...
It's more vibration, true...
Put some pipes on your Nad and you'll like it just fine !!!
Music to your ears !!!
:cool:

No VTX1800 will ever sound like THAT !!!

As always,
YMMV

Luckymann77

1 - 13 of 13 Posts