Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, so im currently torn between a vulcan 1500 and a honda vtx 1800. The nomad is dressed exactly as i want it, only thing missing is a stereo and pipes. I go to look at it saturday. i was hoping you all could let me in on any flaws to look for, hes asking $3800 and to me seems like a fair price so long as its in good running condition and is a pretty as the pictures make it out to be. any advise would be greatly appreciated. also any advice and sources on pipes, tuners and intake upgrades for this bike would be awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Buy the Nomad,it is the better bike. The VTX 1800 is fast, but a dog at handling. The black one in the picture looks great.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
If you go with the Nomad, you'll probably want to scrap the stock seat. Honestly, on a bike designed for longer trips, the seat is good for about 50 miles, at least mine was. Then you'd get a tailbone stinger that wouldn't quit. I went with a Mustang Wide Touiring saet, and love it, but others are great too- Russel Daylongs, Saddleman, and opthers are also good. My Mustang allowed me to ride from Reno NV to Coeur d Alene Idaho in one long 16.5 hour day. The only thing that wasn't sore at the end of that day was my butt. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts