Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have owned a few Yamaha's in the past, recently a Star 1100, but I did some research and the Vulcan was one of the best regarded, and now I can see why... I just purchased my first kawi 2008 Vulcan 900 Classic with 5,600 km last month and I have already fallin' in love with it. Fantastic bike ! All stock, so far, but I think the first few things will be a new set of tires and an engine guard with highway pegs.

I have been reading this Forum for a while now and, since I am officially in the the kawi-club, I thought it was time to become a member here :giggle:. Keep the shiny bits shiny... a nod and a wave from Ontario Canada ! 馃弽

Thanks
PM ( 馃嚚馃嚘 馃嚘馃嚪 )

Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on the beautiful bike! Kawis are great bikes and easy to fall in love with :love: thanks for joining us and enjoy!

Registered
VN900
Very nice! Welcome to the club. Looks like you already have some upgrades from the last owner as well! Bonus! Great looking bike! I also ride an 鈥08.

Registered
2020 Vulcan Voyager
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. I have the exact same bike, even the color. I put on the Barons engine guard, Barons tachometer, and Bridgestone Whitewalls. Really like the whitewalls. Here is a link to download the factory repair manual for you to become familiar with your new bike. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on the beautiful bike! Kawis are great bikes and easy to fall in love with :love: thanks for joining us and enjoy!
Thank you... she puts a smile on my face very time :giggle: - can't wait for the better weather to kick in... the last few rides have been pretty chilly... I couldn't be happier to be on board!! Ride safe!

Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! Welcome to the club. Looks like you already have some upgrades from the last owner as well! Bonus! Great looking bike! I also ride an 鈥08.
Thank you, very happy to be here... you have yours looking sweet! I love the mods - at first I thought that my bike was the LT edition, but when I picked it up I found out that he had added all the LT equivalent items afterward, to the classic. That worked out great, saves a bundle for other extra's.. :sneaky:

Thanks again and Safe Riding!

Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. I have the exact same bike, even the color. I put on the Barons engine guard, Barons tachometer, and Bridgestone Whitewalls. Really like the whitewalls. Here is a link to download the factory repair manual for you to become familiar with your new bike. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

Thank you! I am happy to find such a great forum, everyone that I have seen here is so excellent, welcoming, knowledgeable and very willing to help fellow riders - What a great community! I agree the whitewalls look fantastic... All my other bikes have been the classic black, but I love how the red looks on this one, great colour!

I downloaded the Shop manual, thank you for the link ! - that is a great resource, I am hoping to do a lot of the maintenance myself, where possible. I added a tachometer to my last bike and that is something I definitely would like to add to my kawi. Barron's is great, just have to save up a bit - worth it though 馃槀.

You also, safe riding!

Registered
Welcome from Manchester, NY! 5600 km since 2008? My 2007 900 had 8800 miles at the end of the 2007. Somebody didn't do a lot of riding. Stay safe, enjoy the ride!

Super Moderator
Welcome from NB. Beautiful bike! I also had a VStar 1100 for 3 years before moving up to my Nomad. Love the way it looks and rides!

Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from Manchester, NY! 5600 km since 2008? My 2007 900 had 8800 miles at the end of the 2007. Somebody didn't do a lot of riding. Stay safe, enjoy the ride!
Thank you, I had to double check that the ad was right because it sounded hard to believe... the bike still has the original tires from 2008 with most of the tread still. They are so old that I am going to be replacing them as soon as I can. Sadly, the bike was probably only ridden a few times per season. :( Can't wait to get some longer rides in, when we get some nice days here!

Take care, Safe Riding !

Registered
03 mean streak
Welcome from N.KY

Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome from NB. Beautiful bike! I also had a VStar 1100 for 3 years before moving up to my Nomad. Love the way it looks and rides!
Thank you, I really liked my 1100. I did a fair bit of work on it, but I really love my vulcan! I think it definitely rides better. The picture of your Nomad on the Beach is awesome, the bike looks great! Ride Safe!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts