Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just joined the brotherhood. Came from a 05 r6 but have some lower back issues so came over to the "darkside". Picked up a 09 900 custom SE with 2066 miles and completely stock (other than debaffled). Well, I've had the bike 1 week as of today and I done a little blackout. Let me know what yall think.
This is when I picked it up:

And now:

short-term plans are side-mount license plate, led "hidden" signals, removed bulky signals, and lowered.

Also, if there are any Tampa area riders PM me for cruises

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Welcome to the madness ... nice ride. Lots of good folks, ideas and help available here.

cheers
Maurice

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
You've gone too far. Blacking out the license plate will only get you in trouble. LOL
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your mods. Keep us posted.
You beat me to that joke!
:(

Welcome to the forum...this is a great place to discuss and learn about your new bike.

Rod

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks good, but i would be scared of getting rear ended with that dark of a tail light, people don't pay attention as it is...it does however look good

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
There are two schools of thought regarding EFI tuners. One being keep it simple. Bikes come from the factory running lean because they need to pass emissions and get good gas mileage so simply adding fuel will generally increase performance. This is true especially for those who've installed free flow intake and exhaust systems. If it's more fuel you want then go with the V&H or Dobeck Performance units and save some money. The second school of thought is to eek out the maximum performance you can from the mods you made. This is done at significantly higher cost including dyno testing. If you've got the bucks then go with the Power Commander V or the Cobra Fi2000 series.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts