Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased my first cruiser bike, ive owned a suzuki gsx-f in the past. i wanted another sport bike but the girl didnt want me to get something like that because she isnt comfortable on the back and honestly the cruiser is much cheaper to own and insure.

I picked up a 2010 vulcan 900 classic lt with some decent mods already installed. Im very happy with it except for one thing, the seat is absolutely terrible, after twenty minutes my back is killing me and my ass has gone numb already. And damn are replacement seats expensive.

I was tossing around the idea of taking my stock seat, dismantling it and redoing the seat foam to something more comfortable. Has anyone tried this and any tips available?

Thats all for now, i plan on doing a few more things to the bike as time progresses.

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
Welcome in! This forum is to introduce yourself. Ask your seat question in the 900 forum where other owners can help you out. Not all read the new intro section.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all,

I just purchased my first cruiser bike, ive owned a suzuki gsx-f in the past. i wanted another sport bike but the girl didnt want me to get something like that because she isnt comfortable on the back and honestly the cruiser is much cheaper to own and insure.

I picked up a 2010 vulcan 900 classic lt with some decent mods already installed. Im very happy with it except for one thing, the seat is absolutely terrible, after twenty minutes my back is killing me and my ass has gone numb already. And damn are replacement seats expensive.

I was tossing around the idea of taking my stock seat, dismantling it and redoing the seat foam to something more comfortable. Has anyone tried this and any tips available?

Thats all for now, i plan on doing a few more things to the bike as time progresses.
I know there are gel inserts for sale in the UK. They require the removal of the seat cover and some of the standard padding (a bit scary). I've just changed from a Honda NC700 so I'm willing to accept that there'll be a period of acclimatisation. I'll leave it a while before doing anything drastic or expensive.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Hi Tanked!

I had a 900 and had the same issue. Back and butt pain after 20 minutes. The solution, ultimately, was a Mustang seat with a backrest. But those aren't cheap. In the meantime, what worked great for me, was an Airhawk seat cushion. About $100 for the "Airhawk 2" model, and if you have it inflated right (just enough air to barely lift you off the seat, no more), you'll be amazed at how far you can ride. I went from being in lots of pain after 30 minutes to doing 300 miles at a time. Granted, those weren't 300 comfortable miles; but they were at least not painful. The Mustang was even better, on both bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts