Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last week I went thru the three day safety course to actually learn how to ride, followed by getting my permit and the purchase of a used 08 vulcan 900 classic.

This morning I went on a nice two hour cruise thru the countryside here in the bluegrass, sticking to some nice two lane roads for now. Man that bike is sweet, love the way it handles and seems to be pretty powerful (only hit 65 once). Keep the speed at 55 and under most of the time. I've been lurking around these forums and there's a ton of information, thanks guys. I'll try and upload a pic of my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congrats on passiing your course and nice bike you have. Keep it safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats, great looking bike. Remember to stay between the ditches and keep the shiny side up!

Also great choice in taking the saftey course first.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks guys, if anyone's intrested the motorcycle safety course in Kentucky is discounted to $100 right not it's normally $150. The experienced riders course (1 day on your bike) is normally $75, but is discounted to $25. The instructors are great.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks guys, if anyone's intrested the motorcycle safety course in Kentucky is discounted to $100 right not it's normally $150. The experienced riders course (1 day on your bike) is normally $75, but is discounted to $25. The instructors are great.
congrats on the new bike , your gonna love it. Let the customizing begin!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well, last week I went thru the three day safety course to actually learn how to ride, followed by getting my permit and the purchase of a used 08 vulcan 900 classic.

This morning I went on a nice two hour cruise thru the countryside here in the bluegrass, sticking to some nice two lane roads for now. Man that bike is sweet, love the way it handles and seems to be pretty powerful (only hit 65 once). Keep the speed at 55 and under most of the time. I've been lurking around these forums and there's a ton of information, thanks guys. I'll try and upload a pic of my bike.
Welcome!! Be safe, stay alert, and remember that modifications can become addicting. If you find all of your spare money going to the bike, it's time for an intervention.:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
sweet ride. I love the way it look as it is. Congrats on passing you course. Just keep your eyes open for everyone because they are NOT looking for you. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Welcome neighbor, you should call me and we'll get together for some riding! You live on the edge of some of the best motorcycling roads in the US. Within 350 miles of here is almost everything you'll ever read about being on the east coast, with more than you can possibly ride within 200 miles! Stick with us and you'll learn to hate any road with more than 2 lanes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!
Sounds like you're "doin it right!"
Congrats on passing your course - and the new scoot. Savor those rides in the country! Kentucky has some GREAT countryside, and as stated B4 you're surrounded by more!!

Good Luck!
Ride Safe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts