Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Finally getting around to changing stock tires on my Vulcan S 2015. I haven't been riding much bike still has barely 5k miles... Plenty of tread left but at 7 years I think I should probably get new ones!

Anyway, wanted to ask because I can find mostly old threads on the topic. Seems like pirelli angel gt is highly recommended along with Michelin road 4?

Based on price, I was considering the Bridgestone T30 Evo.

Any thoughts on any of these or the newer variants? I clearly don't ride a lot so wear related longevity is a non-issue. Mainly want excellent all around traction (Chicago weather, so random wet weather, dry weather, cold weather)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey all! Finally getting around to changing stock tires on my Vulcan S 2015. I haven't been riding much bike still has barely 5k miles... Plenty of tread left but at 7 years I think I should probably get new ones!

Anyway, wanted to ask because I can find mostly old threads on the topic. Seems like pirelli angel gt is highly recommended along with Michelin road 4?

Based on price, I was considering the Bridgestone T30 Evo.

Any thoughts on any of these or the newer variants? I clearly don't ride a lot so wear related longevity is a non-issue. Mainly want excellent all around traction (Chicago weather, so random wet weather, dry weather, cold weather)
I ride on Shinko tires-Verge front&Raven rear. So far about only 300 miles or so on them. Cheap tires,yes. I'll see how they do down the road.:unsure::cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Depends who you ask. You don't really NEED to change the tires. That said, it obviously doesn't hurt to change them, especially if you're worried about bad weather traction and cold temps.

Here's a video that may be of interest.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am very happy wth their performance. With the ever so slightly larger diameter the bike has a better look than the oem Dunlops. I am not a fan of Dunlaps, but the tires on the kvs were better than my past experience.The only peeve is the roar from the front. Sounds like the tire, but I have yet to delve any deeper. No ride in the rain yet !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts