Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Slapped some new tires on the KVS last night. First time doing the job. It definitely took far longer than it should have, but it was also very cold and the rubber was not in a giving mood. I used Continental Road Attack IIIs and it completely changed how the bike rides and maneuvers. I was a little skeptical after balancing the wheels and tires. No weights... Although, only the front wheel had a 1 oz weight on it with the old tire.

Registered
Glad you got it done. So you don't suggest changing tires in Minus 10 degrees? Well, mine have less than 1000k miles on it so I am sure they will last a little while longer. :wink2:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I mean, you can try. It will definitely be an interesting process. haha I鈥檓 glad I got it done, too. I thought at one point I was going to have to give up and take my rear tire to someone. That thing was not wanting to play ball. Figured out I wasn鈥檛 applying pressure in the right spots while prying. Overall, good experience and saved a good bit of money. Won鈥檛 have to worry about paying anyone in the future. My tires didn鈥檛 have a lot of miles but they were well over that 5 year mark.

Registered
Slapped some new tires on the KVS last night. First time doing the job. It definitely took far longer than it should have, but it was also very cold and the rubber was not in a giving mood. I used Continental Road Attack IIIs and it completely changed how the bike rides and maneuvers. I was a little skeptical after balancing the wheels and tires. No weights... Although, only the front wheel had a 1 oz weight on it with the old tire.
How hard were the stock tires to unmount? Even with no air in them, they feel like a rock to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts