Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting my new tires put on this week commander II's, hope they work out good. Only got 7300 miles out of the stock rear tire, is that about average?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just had ComII put on mine. I got 6500 out of the stock. Could have probably gotten another thousand but picked up a screw in the rear tire and the front was cupped badly. Way too early to tell much but so far I love the CII. Of course I believe you can't tell much until you have 4-5k on a tire as that is where bad tires have typically shown their flaws in my experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After reading so much about the Michelin commander II's I decided that I wanted to put them on my 2011 Nomad 1700 ! I can find the front tire, but cannot find the right size for the rear. Where are you finding them, or are you just using the front?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I have almost 10k on my MCII's. Looking great still. Rough guess by looking and measuring tread is another 10k left?
a tour tire to research and consider is Dunlop Elite 3 tour tire. dual compound. came stock on my 14 injun. am at 16k and the rear still looks good as though it has at least 1 more safe 4k road trip left on it. Tires do go fast toward the end, so I will be watching it close next month fall trip. but 20k out of rear tire is almost car like? poncho

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
After reading so much about the Michelin commander II's I decided that I wanted to put them on my 2011 Nomad 1700 ! I can find the front tire, but cannot find the right size for the rear. Where are you finding them, or are you just using the front?

The exact rear tire size for the 1700's is not available in the MCII's. My dealer told me what size to go with. But I cannot remember from memory what that size is. It's a hair taller and a hair wider than stock. I personally thinks it looks better - the little uumph in width does a lot for me in looks. Will look at it tomorrow when I'm back in town and can peak at it and get the exact size for you

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I barely got 4,000 miles on the stock tires.... Last week I put a 195/60 Yokohama Avid Ascend on the rear..... (car tire) Just trieed out the Metzler ME888. I got 13,000 exactly from that tire... Not bad.... but pricey..... the Yokohama cost me $105 put on the rim out the door and I do like having a CT back on it.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm using a Dunlop American Elite 180/65 on my Voyager. It's the closest thing to the 170/70 original. So far so good. I have about 7000 miles on it and it looks and measures like it should go 12 - 15 thousand.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi, on my Voyager I got 9000 on my rear OEM tire but it was bold at that point, I had to have a new Bridgestone fitted while I was on a huge bike tour

For the front I got 10,000 on the OEM tire and it still had a little life.

I've got Bridgestones fitted and I must say they handle great, do not follow the black snakes, or the pot hole tracks.

So far so good but haven't done much mileage!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I put the Commander II's on my Voyager. I now have just over 10000 miles and still have half of the tread left. I am hoping for between 17 and 20K miles. I think I'll be sticking with them. If I get that kind of millage I'll do a cartwheel in the driveway. I'm a conservative rider though. I don't do full throttle starts or brake hard. On the road I just up shift 3 times from 1st to 6th most of the time. Man, the subject of tires, oil and filters can really ruffle some feathers. Funny how everyone's are the best and your an idiot if you don't use the ones I do. I'd be happy if they didn't have the manufacturers name molded into or stamped on the sides. Then you could just say "yup I use those too". But then these forums would be boring, so, never mind.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Man, the subject of tires, oil and filters can really ruffle some feathers. Funny how everyone's are the best and your an idiot if you don't use the ones I do. I'd be happy if they didn't have the manufacturers name molded into or stamped on the sides. Then you could just say "yup I use those too". But then these forums would be boring, so, never mind.
count yor blessing yor not riding one thos hardley paint shakers.. but then you would not be here?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I've ridden a harley on a couple occasions. Don't see what all the hullabaloo is all about. :confused:
now thers a fittin description.. should have that eblem on their tank sides "Hullabaloo".

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I rode Hardly Davidson every day for a living for 20 years.... 8, 10, 12, 16 hours a day.....

I don't see what the hullabloo is either......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts