Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have all the tread on the custom and darkside and the one about the 230! I don't want to open a can of worm but I'm really confuse for choosing my new tire!!?? I not a big deal for me to mod the belt guard or the inner fender or so this will not affect my decision the only thing i don't want to loose power.

Darkside have is good 180,200 ,230 too! so it hard to choose!! any one like to help!!??

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i run a metz 200 on the rear of my classic and a pirelli 200 on my custom, there is no modification needed, the wear rate and handling is far better than the stock tire. The 200 also corrects the speedo error and actually makes it accurate as well as lowering your rpm's somewhat.. The 230 requires fender liner and belt cover modification.
Both cost around 30% more that the stock size.

No white walls are available on the larger (wider) sizes. The dark side is not a considered option for myself.

The choice is yours ...

·
Registered
149 Posts
whiting57, i dont mean to hijack this thread, but, how are you finding the two types for a wear comparison?, (metz vs. pirelli), how many kms on each?, i'm torn between the two, i have pirelli MT66 on my Intruder with 10k an still look very good, the pirelli is only $10 cheaper than the Metz,but i have no experience with the Metz.

I will be going with the 200 rear and the 90/90-21 up front

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice thanks guys for your feed back!! Any one eles!??

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
whiting57, i don't mean to hijack this thread, but, how are you finding the two types for a wear comparison?, (metz vs. pirelli), how many kms on each?, I'm torn between the two, i have pirelli MT66 on my Intruder with 10k an still look very good, the pirelli is only $10 cheaper than the Metz,but i have no experience with the Metz.

I will be going with the 200 rear and the 90/90-21 up front
i have far more miles on my metz and not enough on the, pirelli to comment ... the wear rate on the metz is awesome and handling characteristics in wet weather are great. I originally went with the metz due to a long term test in a bike magazine and haven't been disappointed. The pirelli handling is great, haven't tried it in the wet yet, and i cant really comment on the long term mileage wear.

I still have the stock front on both bikes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I run a 230 Avon on the back, don't be afraid of slight modifications! My speedo is within 1 mile an hour, I have over 10k on it with no signs of wear! I also run the Avon 90/90/21 on the front, fits tight and you will hear small stones that the tire picks up but the don't stay there long ;-) wider tire on the front helps with crack travel.

I won't run the metzlers personally I think the perrellies have a stickier compound but I could be wrong.

M

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice thanks!! those feedback are really helpful!! thanks! But i have 2 dummy question : with a 230 tire will you lose any power? its it reducing the o-60mph time?? And how is it at high speed??
thanks guys!! you rock!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
My dynobutt does not see any power loss with 0-60 since I am constantly chasing my brother on his vrod. Running 70-80 on the highway is comfortable.

To be honest I have thought about the 200 but I'm a fat tire guy, I like the thick look if I could afford the 300 or bigger kits I would jump on it.

M

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice thanks man!! nice reply!! Love it! this help!! I love the look of the look of the 230 too!! I invest money in more power last year and i was very happy with the result I don't want lose any!! heheh! thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The 200 without mods fits Custom and LT, 230 with trimming Custom only.

M

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, my question should habe been "biggest tire on a 2009 900 SE w/o mods?"
What is trimming?
Read this thread you have all the info! and you have a search engine in the top of the page ( wen you are log in)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any one else want to feedback about this!??
thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts