Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your over 6 foot , get these! Im 6 ,3 and love em. I can finally kick my legs out, plus it brings em out to the side about 3 inchers to give you that choppper feel... Im "remodeling" the brake pad, clutch lever, and passenger pegs this weekend , ill post pics after.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
LOVE 'em, and great pics! These are on my "eventually" list, but a grantour bag and hyperlites are the next upgrades.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you mind if I asked where did you get these, and do you need any adapters to make'em fit?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have these as passenger pegs on my 800 they work great have to by the right adapters. I got my adapters from cruiser customizing and bought the swingwings from a local dealer for half price some one had ordered them and didn't want them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
A great idea. If I have one comfort complaint about the Vulcan 900 (now that I've replaced the seat ;-) ), it's the short pegs. I'm a little over 6'1", and find I have to twist my feet slightly in. This would certainly take care of that problem.

As an aside, I sure love that burnt orange color.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mind if I asked where did you get these, and do you need any adapters to make'em fit?
sure, i got them from phat performance, i order alot from them and they are great. The swingwings are kuryakyn part number 4467, you will also need the splined adapters which are kuryakyn part number 8813 (for front pegs). To install just remove the retaining clip at the bottom of the pegs, its really easy. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A great idea. If I have one comfort complaint about the Vulcan 900 (now that I've replaced the seat ;-) ), it's the short pegs. I'm a little over 6'1", and find I have to twist my feet slightly in. This would certainly take care of that problem.

As an aside, I sure love that burnt orange color.
They really change the whole feel of the bike for us taller guys, love to have my feet kicked out then curled up. Short guys will never understand the trials and tribulations we go through .. hahahhahaha just kidding

What seat did you go with?

·
Registered
427 Posts
What seat did you go with?
The Mustang One-Piece Vintage seat. It moves you up in heighth about an inch, maybe a bit more -- very nice! -- but be warned it also moves you forward the same distance. For those of us with long legs, that can be problematic. Having said that, though, it oddly enough feels great...and not just because of the extra padding, built-in "backrest" formed by the tall L-shape of the seat, etc. The inch up and forward makes the bike -- for me -- feel more manageable, more like I'm part of the bike rather than just sitting on top of it. While my legs are just a bit more arched now, it's not to any degree that's uncomfortable. I'm very pleased with it.

The pegs, however, continue to be the same problem they always were.

Here's a pic of the seat:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Mustang One-Piece Vintage seat. It moves you up in heighth about an inch, maybe a bit more -- very nice! -- but be warned it also moves you forward the same distance. For those of us with long legs, that can be problematic. Having said that, though, it oddly enough feels great...and not just because of the extra padding, built-in "backrest" formed by the tall L-shape of the seat, etc. The inch up and forward makes the bike -- for me -- feel more manageable, more like I'm part of the bike rather than just sitting on top of it. While my legs are just a bit more arched now, it's not to any degree that's uncomfortable. I'm very pleased with it.

The pegs, however, continue to be the same problem they always were.

Here's a pic of the seat:

looks like heaven for ass. You think it was worth the money? I love the stock seat , for comfort, but not looks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
looks like heaven for ass. You think it was worth the money? I love the stock seat , for comfort, but not looks.
If you're just after looks, there are probably cheaper alternatives (the Mustang DayTripper and the Kawi gel seat are both less expensive, I *think*)...but for comfort it's definitely the best bang for the buck. It ran me about $350, and for me (and my passengers!) it was worth every cent.

·
Registered
742 Posts
awesome... they do look sweet!

and as for the mustang vintage wide touring seat... had it on my classic and i rode around south jersey for over 4 hours and never felt sore in the arse one bit!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome... they do look sweet!

and as for the mustang vintage wide touring seat... had it on my classic and i rode around south jersey for over 4 hours and never felt sore in the arse one bit!!
thanks, where did ya get that side mount license plate?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts