Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd introduce myself and post up some pics of the new bike, a 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Special Edition. Just picked it up last week and have only ridden it about 500km's...

Pretty bloody happy with it so far, quite different from the Triumph Daytona 675 I sold recently, being a v-twin I find the torque to be plentiful but compared to a sportsbike it runs out of horsepower pretty fast.

Sooooo comfortable to ride though, I can jump off it after 2 hours and feel like I've been sitting on the couch all afternoon.

I'm also finding it to be really nimble for a big(ish) bike. I'm having at least as much fun on this thing around the twisties as any of the sportsbikes I've previously owned (this is my first cruiser), plus you can just sit back and relax if you want to.

As for mods, I don't see the need for any (famous last words). A hypercharger of some sort would be nice, but I've read of people having issues and needing to install power commanders etc so I might think about that.

Cheers guys, and thanks for all the good info I've already come across on this forum.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome, Alexander.

I'm with you, i find the stock seat to be very comfortable... even after a fairly extended ride and really enjoy the nimbleness (?) of the bike.

Have fun, and ride safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts