Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a noise but a chirp. If I didn't know better I would say there was a bird under the seat somewhere. At certain intervals at cruising speed I heard a sharp chirp. It seems to be like a release of pressure or vacuum type thingy. It started last week and I can't located it while riding and it doesn't do it any other time. It may happen every 30 secs. or a minute etc. If I accelerate and back off the throttle I can hear it...I have had a lot of noises on this bike and I found them all but not this one. Any Ideas? and yes I did look for a bird nest.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If the rear wheel is out of alignment the belt can squeak, but it tends to be more continuous than your description.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if it could be thermostat or fan related. The bike was very hot when I got in and the fan wasn't running. The temp light was not on however.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's not the t-stat or fan....still looking....I have noticed it doesn't do this release or unload type noise until it get warmed up. I am not much of a tech on these things. How would a regulator going bad act???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Sage. Any new developments in the "chirping"? I recently replaced both tires and front pulley. I now hear a chirp when I release the throttle without the clutch engaged. I don't hear it any other time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine has the same chirp...i really think. It is weight vs belt tension related on this bike...now to find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing new on my new noise to report. I think I can hear it in the exhaust as a miss. I had the valves adjusted and I am wondering if it could be related, at least distant kin. It doesn't make the sound until it warms up and then there is a sound like pressure being released on a regular basis coinciding with rpm's etc. I am going to ride the crap out of it and perhaps I can find it when it breaks, explodes or whatever it needs to do.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is more like a very fast pressurized noise much like you hear around an air hose etc. just a quick hiss like scolding your cat...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts