Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got the new bridgestone exedra max tires installed over the weekend and what a diffrence over the stock dunlops!
the new tires

the old tires after 4400 mi

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think any tire is a big improvement over the stock Dunlop's! Here is my $112 Pirelli MT66 after 7k vs. my old $150 stock Dunlop after 7.5k and that was pushing it. I'm hope i get atleast 13k-15k from the pirelli.
[/IMG]
[/IMG][/IMG]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tires

i had to put new ones on becouse im heading up to sturgis this august and i wanted to have some good tires for the mountains. i dont think i would of fell safe on your tires that thing is GONE! i only had 1/32 tread on the rear and 2/32 on the front.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i had to put new ones on becouse im heading up to sturgis this august and i wanted to have some good tires for the mountains. i dont think i would of fell safe on your tires that thing is GONE! i only had 1/32 tread on the rear and 2/32 on the front.
Yah...that was my second one like that on my 09. I ride a lot and the cost was to much for just 7k so i had to do something else and i like the Pirelli's. You enjoy Sturgis and hope you have a safe ride!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tires

yes i do have them mounted and have been riding on them for 3 days now. they feel really good. they dont track like the dunlops did when you hit a scrape in the road. so far i am very pleased with them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
OK, here my 2 cents. I changed to Bridgestone excedra at 10k on my rear tire. I'm at 32k and still got thread on it. I run 38 -40 psi. The front Dunlop manage to stay in good shape until (surprise!!) 27k. I went to bridgestone right away on front too. I ride a lot and its most H-way, so I guess because I'm not doing a lot of "stop and go" riding helps too.
Bottom line, I'm happy with this tires and are the cheapest best option around here.
Be safe !!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
My OEM rear Dunny had less tread than Diehard's after 8k miles. Here's my Metzler with 15k. I won't get thru the season with it, but I've already got nearly double the mileage.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Out of curiosity, is there anyone that has been playing with the Pirelli MT66's and if so what do you think of them?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Out of curiosity, is there anyone that has been playing with the Pirelli MT66's and if so what do you think of them?
I love my pirelli's MT66's...They handle much better than the crappy OEM dunlop in every category. I'm very happy with them and will buy them again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts