Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have been considering replacing the shocks and or fork springs on my 2007 vn 1600 b (Mean Streak). Any suggestions or advice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just recently replaced both on my 1600 Classic, both replacements are from Progressive the rears being 412HD, wow, what a difference they made, well worth it in my book.

HalfBreed

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry, I didn't I'm in Nursing school full time and just didn't have the time but still try to ride so I had a shop do it. I know the shocks aren't bad. I also had risers and new fork seals put on so he had the front end apart anyway, the change in ride is well worth it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the info.
I just finished replacing my rear shocks with the same 412HD, massive improvement, but my stock shocks were done! Fairly easy job, if you have a nomad both bags come off, Classic just the left. Jack the back of the bike to take the weight off the shocks, then 4 nuts.

Be aware, you need about 6-8 stainless steel washers with 1/2 (13mm I think) holes to shim the progressive shocks to the stock mounting position. But only took an hour and unbelievable ride difference after. Now to replace the front oil with 20 WT and I'll be good

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally had my front forks rebuilt. Progressive springs, new seals, and fork oil. Unfortunately I likely will not be able to test it out as I am recovering from a broken ankle.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I finally had my front forks rebuilt. Progressive springs, new seals, and fork oil. Unfortunately I likely will not be able to test it out as I am recovering from a broken ankle.
And the story around the broken ankle is??????. C'mon, you can't just drop this out there without a 'splanation!

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not much of a story I was carrying storage boxes, for summer clothes, to the basement. Made a clumsy stumble and that was that as they say. The good news is--I hope that Monday I see the Dr. and hopefully I can loose this boot and start rehab. It really doesn't look like it but I am hoping for a few good days to ride yet this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts