Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beat to death over and over but.....
I have a VN900 Custom 2009 and as I'm sure you all know the stock seat SUCKS!

I am going to buy a new seat however the issue is you can't try it before you buy it. I am considering either mustang, corbin or ultimate seats I am open to others manufacturers as well.

I ride solo 99.9% of the time. I am looking for a driver's backrest and a comfortable seat. I considered getting the stock modified but from what I hear that's not the best either. Any input is appreciated.

FYI I am 5ft 7 inches and 275 pounds.

Thanks in advance! Sorry for making another seat thread!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
All I can suggest is read as many reviews as possible, then decide between functionality/comfort/looks. I went with Corbin (dual tour) as I ride 2-up a lot now. Plus I had a Corbin on my Honda Shadow ACE, so I knew it would work for me. Here is the link to the seats for the 900. http://corbin.com/kawasaki/vmenu.shtml

Seats are such a personal choice. Good luck, and what ever seat you choose, it will be better than the stock seat..... :smile-big:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Russell day long!! Custom built to fit your buns!! Best seat made!!....IMO Requires a large wallet!! WAY WORTH THE MONEY!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ya that stock seat is not very good. My tailbone could really feel it after a half hour or so. I just installed a Mustang Vintage Wide seat and it made a heck of a difference. It is very comfortable. I haven't done any long rides yet, but I can already tell its much better. It does raise driver and passenger up a couple of inches though. Not an issue for me but it makes the sissy bar much less supportive. Not a big deal though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also went with a Corbin dual tour. the profile is taller for the passenger than the stock seat but the driver seat is lower and set back a little more. From day one before it was even broken in it was a huge difference, now that it's all broken in, oh man!! I can't even believe how uncomfortable the stock seat was after riding on this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ride solo most of the time as well and was considering a seat with backrest until I got the Saddlemen Predator seat and WOW the lower back support is deep and amazing, no need for a backrest now. It's a firm seat, much like a Corbin but very supportive and the Predator only runs about $350 and looks amazing

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saddleman Predator

Makarov9 where did you get the predator I don't see it on Saddlemans website or even when I google it? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts