Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new Mustang Vintage Wide Profile seat today and went riding for about 30 minutes. Wow, what a difference. With the stock seat my tailbone would begin to complain loudly after a short ride. I'm so happy I made the investment. My passenger noticed a big difference also

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Same here! Best money I spent! It does get a little better over time. Mustang says their seats don't have a break in, but I do think it takes a few weeks to 'acclimate' to a different seat. Mine is so comfy!

Oddly enough, my wife preferred the stock seat over the Mustang. However, I think that's just because we never rode 200+ miles without stopping with the stock seat! But, she can ride 200 miles without stopping on her bike like nothing, on a stock seat that gets a lot fo complaints. So go figure!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be interesting to see if it changes over time. If it stays just like it is, I'm fine with that. My next purchase will be some bags, so I'll be looking for the forum's wisdom on that as well. Too many choices.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I've got about 20k miles on my Mustang Vintage Wide Touring. I don't think the seat breaks in, I think your butt gets aclimated and you feel more comfortable. It takes a few long rides to really figure out the most comfortable position. The first day I had my Mustang, I rode about 300 miles. This has been a great seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts