Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after riding my bike a couple months and several 60-100 mile runs I knew I had to do something about the seat. Everyone is correct that the stock seat is a killer. I’d start getting numbness and pain within 30 minutes each and every trip.

I read everything I could find on seat comparisons and narrowed it down to Mustang vs Ultimate and late last night I hit enter on an Ultimate seat 🤷🏽‍♂️.

I’m PRAYING hard it is substantially better for the almost $600 I just shelled out. It’ll be a major disappointment to take my first ride and feel the same butt ache. Hopefully not tho👍🏽

I definitely preferred the look of the Mustang more but the folks riding the Ultimate Seat won me over after many had experience with both.

The stock seat never hurt my back, just my butt, so I’m hoping the new seat doesn’t bring on any back issues...

Anyway, poorer, but hopefully richer 😉

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6 week delay in shipping due to world chaos 😩. Guess my butt will be sore awhile longer. Big letdown after all the deliberations 😏

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Yes the stock seat is not comfortable at all. I put a sheepskin pad on mine and it was much better. Extended ride time to 1 1/2 hours. Then found a Corbin Young Guns on Craigslist. Had Corbins on my other bikes and they are great.
If you bought It directly from www.ultimateseats.ca they have a 14 day return policy. Just save the box and keep the seat looking new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, after riding my bike a couple months and several 60-100 mile runs I knew I had to do something about the seat. Everyone is correct that the stock seat is a killer. I’d start getting numbness and pain within 30 minutes each and every trip.

I read everything I could find on seat comparisons and narrowed it down to Mustang vs Ultimate and late last night I hit enter on an Ultimate seat 🤷🏽‍♂️.

I’m PRAYING hard it is substantially better for the almost $600 I just shelled out. It’ll be a major disappointment to take my first ride and feel the same butt ache. Hopefully not tho👍🏽

I definitely preferred the look of the Mustang more but the folks riding the Ultimate Seat won me over after many had experience with both.

The stock seat never hurt my back, just my butt, so I’m hoping the new seat doesn’t bring on any back issues...

Anyway, poorer, but hopefully richer 😉
You should have purchased my Corbin for $250. It's almost new and it's very comfortable!

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, since my Ultimate Seat was delayed 6 weeks I ordered this tonight... I read all the threads from years ago on pads and the reviews on Amazon and other places. I figure if it don’t work on my bike I‘ll use it at my desk or whenever I have to sit on a hard chair. But if it does... well I saved $450 after I cancel my Ultimate order...

And, IT comes Friday so I’ll get to test it out real soon. Rode 3 hours yesterday and could barely walk my butt was so sore 🤢. I feel like I just suffer after 30-45 min. Makes it real hard to enjoy my ride. I stopped several times but after that first 30-45 min it only takes 10 min for the discomfort to come roaring back.

I sure hope the seat on my soon to be new to me Concours 14 is a LOT better! 😁🧐

Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Pad Large for Cruiser Touring Saddles 15" x 13.5" x 2.4" Amazon.com: Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Pad Large for Cruiser Touring Saddles 15" x 13.5" x 2.4": Automotive

·
Super Moderator
448 Posts
I bought a gel pad for my Yamaha which had a very hard stock seat. It wasn't air, which I hear are much better, but it did help a little. One thing about them is that they will raise you up a little so be prepared for that. Let us know how it works for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, since my Ultimate Seat was delayed 6 weeks I ordered this tonight... I read all the threads from years ago on pads and the reviews on Amazon and other places. I figure if it don’t work on my bike I‘ll use it at my desk or whenever I have to sit on a hard chair. But if it does... well I saved $450 after I cancel my Ultimate order...

And, IT comes Friday so I’ll get to test it out real soon. Rode 3 hours yesterday and could barely walk my butt was so sore 🤢. I feel like I just suffer after 30-45 min. Makes it real hard to enjoy my ride. I stopped several times but after that first 30-45 min it only takes 10 min for the discomfort to come roaring back.

I sure hope the seat on my soon to be new to me Concours 14 is a LOT better! 😁🧐

Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Pad Large for Cruiser Touring Saddles 15" x 13.5" x 2.4" Amazon.com: Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Pad Large for Cruiser Touring Saddles 15" x 13.5" x 2.4": Automotive
I bought one of those seats and rode on it for a summer. It was okay, but I like the mustang seat better. I could have sent you the seat I have for shipping! I wish I would have known.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you still have it it’s not too late...

you meant you rode on an ultimate seat and will part with that?

·
Registered
98 Posts
@Badbolr the secret to the air pad is just enough air to keep you from “rolling” side to side. just enough to have a squishy feel under you. even better, add an alaska leather (or another quality brand) sheepskin butt pad on top of the air pad.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've heard those sheepskin covers are really comfortable, but I just can't get past the look of them.
be comfy and cool (when you sit on that seat after it's been in the hot sun), or just be 😎 cool. I'll take substance over style any day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Badbolr the secret to the air pad is just enough air to keep you from “rolling” side to side. just enough to have a squishy feel under you. even better, add an alaska leather (or another quality brand) sheepskin butt pad on top of the air pad.
Got it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RE: heat... I just carry a towel I put on my seat if I have to sit my bike in the sun awhile. Someone steals it, I got a hundred more I’ve collected over the years 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should have purchased my Corbin for $250. It's almost new and it's very comfortable!
Have you sold this yet? Will this fit a 2012 900 Custom?

I bought one of those seats and rode on it for a summer. It was okay, but I like the mustang seat better. I could have sent you the seat I have for shipping! I wish I would have known.
You bought one of WHICH seats? I might be interested if you've got something decent to part with

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you sold this yet? Will this fit a 2012 900 Custom?

You bought one of WHICH seats? I might be interested if you've got something decent to part with
Creasekeeper, the Airhawk air pad. I haven't touched it in years because the Mustang seat is what I use now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts