Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have put the Mustang seat on and went for a nice ride. It's seams I'm feeling every bump and like I'm bottoming out. I don't recall feeling this before with the stock seat. Any of you guys experience this? I checked the tire pressure and it was fine. Any thoughts?????????

·
Registered
643 Posts
My corbin seat was hard as a board at first. After several hundred mile of riding it is getting much more comfortable. It will most likely take a little while for the foam in the seat to wear in. I wouldn't be too concerned yet. Mustang has a good reputation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I have put the Mustang seat on and went for a nice ride. It's seams I'm feeling every bump and like I'm bottoming out. I don't recall feeling this before with the stock seat. Any of you guys experience this? I checked the tire pressure and it was fine. Any thoughts?????????
I've noticed this with my Mustang wide tourer seat too - to the point where, when I ride over some level crossings, I feel like I'm gonna get pitched off the bike! Have also read the seat takes time to 'break in' a little.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Very disappointed with my Mustang seat too. The most I could do was 45 minutes before I had to get off the damn thing, and it got no better.
Bought an Air Hawk R and now couldn't be happier, get the slightly lower seating position of the Mustang, with all day comfort, and I do mean all day.
Just got back from 2 months in Spain, which included a few days spending 8 hours a day travelling, with 6 hours spent actually on the bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I first put mine one it also felt a little stiff. I lowered my shock setting one notch.
It may have been psychological, since I've been told I had my head up my a$$ a time or two, but it seemed to ride smoother :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Very disappointed with my Mustang seat too. The most I could do was 45 minutes before I had to get off the damn thing, and it got no better.
Bought an Air Hawk R and now couldn't be happier, get the slightly lower seating position of the Mustang, with all day comfort, and I do mean all day.
Just got back from 2 months in Spain, which included a few days spending 8 hours a day travelling, with 6 hours spent actually on the bike.
day tripper or tour? how much lower is it without the hawk?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
It can take several hundred to a thousand miles to break a new Mustang Seat in. But, when it's broken in, you're rear-end will love you forever!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
day tripper or tour? how much lower is it without the hawk?
rode down to Spain from UK over just 3 days.
Had an apartment there for 2 months, did several all day trips.
Rode back over 5 days.

I forget exactly the technical stuff, I think it's about an inch lower. maybe slightly more. I thought it said on the website, but I can't see it now.

The AirHawk plus Mustang, is still lower than the original, as the AirHawk height increase is minimal.

I wish they did a solo seat, as the Kawasaki solo looks stooooooopid, IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts