Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Red 900 Custom. Pics once I get the bike cleaned & crash/engine guard installed.

My "The Ultimate Seat" arrived and installed last week. Today, a friend and I took my first trip with it. Close to 200 Miles.

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/Kawasaki900.html

Initial seating, this seat is FIRM, and will elevate the rider about 1-2 inches, compared to the stock seat. It also moves the rider forward, just enough. I bough the one with the backrest. What a difference it makes.

The trip started in Idylwild (breakfast), highways 74 & 243, to I-10. Once on I-10, we went west to Yucaipa, and highway 38 (I think) taking the back way into Big Bear.

We stopped for gas in Big Bear, and proceeded west to Highway 18, then down the 330, back into Redlands.. From Redlands, stopped for lunch, and then back home.

From 0930 to 1700 hours. Through the warm SoCal heat, to the coolness of the mountains.

My butt is not sore, as it would have been in the stock seat. Well worth the money I paid for it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That is a good looking seat. Good to hear it works. If you find that you need more comfort for longer trips you can always throw an Airhawk cushion on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking to change out my stock seat for a Mustang with a driver back rest. What did you pay for your seat? What is the make?
Check out the link in the original message. Gives the price per seat, pics of the seat(s).

I ordered the 2R12540 with pouch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts