Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted last week about my '08 Classic LT bars hurting my wrists after a long ride. I felt if I could raise the risers a little I could then tilt the bars down a tad more for a better wrist angle. So I got with my buddy Paul Fuller who owns Fuller CNC in Alabama. I went to him a while back to make a custom intake and since then together we've been designing stuff for my bikes and he usually ends up selling some of the items at low cost to other members. He made the intake cover pictured in my avatar. Today he made me some riser extensions. He said if anyone on here was interested he'd sell them with the longer grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers for $30 per set.

Edit- Paul told me he has listed these risers on ebay.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Those are pretty nice. I made a temporary set for my bars, but I plan on making another set with a bit more flash. They made a huge difference in my posture, and I rarely get the numb fingers anymore. It also made the bike steer easier, probably because on the 1600 with baron "big Johnson" bars, you lean forward a bit onto the bars because they are so low. Plus, the tank is so long, all that leaning was added weight on the front end. It took me several good turns from stop to get used to the new setup, but I love it now. Rode 4 hours the other day, over 120 miles, and never had a problem with my back or my wrists.

Nice looking setup you got!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, Palmetto. I hope I get the same results you do. I haven't ridden with these yet but it feels like this setup will do the trick.

Since my buddy Paul has spent his life in what use to be his grandfather's machine shop then his father's and now his, he's enjoying making stuff for motorcycles instead of just stuff for aerospace companies. He is finishing installing his stuff for in-shop chrome plating. I've got a long driveway (just under a 1/4 mile). His shop is at the end of my driveway. A lot of stuff he's made usually starts from member wondering if he could make this or that. By member I'm talking about Riderforums.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm interested in the riser extensions for my 07 Classic LT.
Hey Smokey, I've been notified that the guy who made these, Paul Fuller, will need to become a vendor on the site in order to sell the extensions. At about $50 a month to be a vendor, it might be too steep for him to just make a few copies of what he made for me and sell them to members over the forum. But I'll let him make that decision. For now, though, I understand the site's rules and am respecting them by not giving out Paul's contact info. If it becomes a go then I'll let you know ASAP.

But I can tell you that the extensions make a world of difference.

·
Registered
159 Posts
They look like the ducks guts and I believe would suit my 2009 V2K just perfectly. I like the standard bars but feel they could be a little higher. I will watch with anticipation to see if your mate decides to become a vendor.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Count me in. I'm ready to buy.
Need them quick I'm heading out for a summer road trip in a few weeks.
What can we do about getting a set?

Mark

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is he also thinking about chrome plating them also? I would love a chrome pair. I had a similar polished set on my 900 (scootworks). Loved them but thought they would have looked a lot better chromed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Smokey, I've been notified that the guy who made these, Paul Fuller, will need to become a vendor on the site in order to sell the extensions. At about $50 a month to be a vendor, it might be too steep for him to just make a few copies of what he made for me and sell them to members over the forum. But I'll let him make that decision. For now, though, I understand the site's rules and am respecting them by not giving out Paul's contact info. If it becomes a go then I'll let you know ASAP.

But I can tell you that the extensions make a world of difference.
I'm in when he does become a vendor.
Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Update

Paul has listed the Vulcan 2000 riser extensions on ebay with a starting bid of $15 and Buy It Now for only $25. He said if he sells a few sets then he could raise the money to become a vendor on the site down the road.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got my new riser extensions installed and couldn't be happier. I like the changed riding position and they look great. Excellent fit, finish, packaging,etc. i definitely recommend these if'en your looking for a different look and feel to your ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts