Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Newbie rider here. Just joined the forums today. New to motorcycles and riding. Just bought my first bike not long ago. Vulcan 900 Classic SE. I love it. Looked at lots of different motorcycles online and in dealerships. Contemplated getting a Harley Davidson. My wife works with a lady at her school where she teaches whose husband works at the local Harley dealership. Also looked at Honda's, Suzuki's, Yamahas, Triumphs, etc etc. Contemplated getting a Ninja 650 but when the wife saw it she was like "not no but hell no". Saw the Vulcan in a dealership here a few months ago and it was like "Yes! Thats it!." The bike felt very comfortable. I am 5'11", 265 lbs. I can flat foot the Vulcan very easily. Going to take the MSF course soon, but have had a couple private lessons.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took the MSF course this June and bought my first bike in mid-July -
a 2011 Vulcan 900 Custom SE. I'm 51 years old 6'1" and 260 lbs.

You will love your new bike , and after the course probably find riding pretty easy to get used to.
I never rode a motorcycle before taking the course.

Ride Safe and Have Fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
The msf is totally worth it. Took it this past spring and learned a lot. Want to take the intermediate on my own bike.

Congrats, welcome to the forum, be safe, don't get in a hurry and enjoy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So how's the 900 SE treating you now? (I saw you passed the skills test recently). I rode a smaller Suzuki GZ250 when first learning (about 2,500 miles put on it). I switched to a Vulcan 800 and it felt like a beast for the first 500 miles or so. LOL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how's the 900 SE treating you now? (I saw you passed the skills test recently). I rode a smaller Suzuki GZ250 when first learning (about 2,500 miles put on it). I switched to a Vulcan 800 and it felt like a beast for the first 500 miles or so. LOL.
Hey Nothsideres. Ive been on the 900 SE twice this week since completing the class. Once was in a parking lot practicing some of the skills I learned in the class. After buzzing around on the Honda Nighhawk 250 and being able to really throw it around and toss it around, I knew as soon as I got back on it my 900 SE it was so much heavier and alot more powerful. However I was able to perform the skills I learned in a parking lot and really get a better feel for my larger bike. Not as nimble as the little 250, but still very capable. I cant get over how much less vibration I feel though my handlebars on my 900 as compared to the 250.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts