Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new rider and the 900 Custom is my first real bike. I grew up on dirtbikes and rode on my buddy's 250 to re-teach myself to ride for the street. I completed the MSF Experienced riders course with no problems. Ive put about 3000 miles on my Custom in 2 months and absolutley love the bike. I have already done an oil change and am a firm believer in preventative maintenence so I wont be missing any scheduled maintenance. My question is how many miles can I really expect to be able to put on a well maintained 900?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont know what that means??? But im guessing it means I am scared of Iraq and Afghan and i would rather be around boys on ships , LMAO.
Actually I have spent 12 months in Iraq and 14 months in Afghan, wounded Vet. And that is the wins/losses/draws record fot the Army Navy football games.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have an 06' Vulcan classic that just turned 42,000 miles and is running great. I did have to replace the stator at 26,000 but that was 2 days after I got rear ended by another bike at 30 mph in a downpour. I had the valve clearence checked at 31,000 miles and my mechanic said things looked great and very little adjustment was needed.Other than that nothing other than oil changes/reg. maintanance(tires,spark plugs,etc.) I only run amsoil 10/40 in mine so oil changes come every 10,000 miles or one year(the 10,000 miles always comes first though!) Enjoy the bike,the 900 is great for local and long rides(with a new seat)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have 11,000 on my ride. I'm planning on 80,000, and will be doing what I always do; regular, preventative maintenance. Ams 10-40 (change every 5,000 to 6,000; lots of short hops to work), wash a lot, valve check and new plugs every 15,000, wash a lot, keep the tire pressure up, wash a lot, ............, wash a lot, ................, wash a lot, ..............., maybe a new belt, wash a lot, ................, check the head bolt bearing, wash a lot, ............... might earn an Iron Butt award or three, wash a lot, ............... forgot my stealership's name, wash a lot ............

Navy Brat, former sheriff's deputy and small town street officer now working state corrections

·
Registered
953 Posts
Actually I have spent 12 months in Iraq and 14 months in Afghan, wounded Vet. And that is the wins/losses/draws record fot the Army Navy football games.
alright , alright. Hope you dont take it personal I just have to mess with Navy guys. This forum is an awesome place to learn about your bike, Ive only had my 900 a little over a year but it has been great to me. Enjoy

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome to the forums and thank for serving our country! What you will find here is you will have lots of help for any questions you may have, and learn more about your bike than any dealer. I see your already enjoying your new ride so ride safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts