Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I got the Vulcan S ABS on Monday and although I would have liked to run a lot more than I have, the weather was not permitting enough. Rain all week made me delay my first long ride. Took it on Saturday and just love it.

I rode bikes (160cc) in India for close to 6 years and when I moved to the US for higher studies, and no more bike, no more happiness. As soon as I graduated school, somethings worked out in favour of a bike and I went for the Vulcan S.

I really loved riding it. Although the power is something that I have not worked with before, she wasn't hostile to me. I was ready for a learning curve considering how I hadn't sat on one for close to 4 years, but it was real easy and almost subconscious revving it up and picking pace.

Here are some pics from the ride.

Will post updates as I get more miles on it. For the moment, I'm just loving it.

PS: Does anybody else hear a whirring noise when they turn the ignition on. The sound lasts only when the speedometer flashes for the first time. It disappears after the flashing and doesn't return when the bike is started. Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Most likely the fuel pump pressurizing the system. Glad you are enjoying your new ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is fun to get back on the bike once again. Initial investment in protective gear was a bit saddening but hey, safety first.

With regards to the sound, it didn't happen the week I got the bike. I just went and checked again.There are two modes of sounds.

1) Long whirring sound occurs when the engine On/off switch is set to On.
2) Short whirring sound when the engine on/off switch is set to off.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Could be electronic throttle closing. Nothing to worry about, its normal, my 1700 Voyager does this also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Sightt.

I mounted a GoPro on the side of the helmet. Somehow the top mount never appealed to me. It's a GoPro 3+ Black. Since the GoPro 4 released, 3's have been on sale for a while and will be going ahead (I guess). GoPro 3 Silver also is good for biking.

GoPro 3+ Black ($349 on Amazon) is 1080 @ 60FPS, While Silver ($299) is [email protected] FPS I think.

Completed 100 miles on the bike now. Looking forward to adding another 40-50 this weekend and should have more photos (from a proper camera).

Hope you are enjoying your Vulcan S as well.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Kawasaki's like to make noise.

Electronic throttle valve, fuel pump, fuel injectors; and when running, top-end (valve noise), etc., it's gonna make noises. It's all good. I have a Vaquero with an electronic throttle valve and it's a really noisy system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input Roman. What surprises me is that it wasn't there the first week of riding.

Took it out for a ride in the rain this weekend. About a 120 mile round trip. While I was pretty damn scared of the roads, the bike was reassuring. She gets pretty upset riding in gear 1&2. Cannot for the life of me, keep up with the break in instructions as per the manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts