Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got a 1500 Classic two weeks ago. I been told its a big unforgiving beast, but at 6'4" and 280 I fit on her. The only ride I did prior was 35 years ago on a dirt bike for a week. I have been just riding up the drive (about 15 feet) Going to take the MSC in a couple of weeks. I already did a death grip, and my other hand cramps from the grip on the clutch side (haha). Hope to enjoy many years riding and enjoy reading all the great advice here.

Kevin :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the form and enjoy your bike. What part of Florida are you in. I live in Hudson and there is alot of good riding around here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Florida

Welcome to the form and enjoy your bike. What part of Florida are you in. I live in Hudson and there is alot of good riding around here.

Hi Floridaboy, I live on the space coast about 90 miles south of Daytona.
Kevin

·
Registered
44 Posts
For a new rider the 1500 can be intimidating. After the riding course, and with a little practice on your bike, you will find it to be a big pussy cat. She's stable, well mannered and the power is controllable.

After the course, ride your bike through the same drills and it will quickly become comfortable for you.

Have fun - ride safe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For a new rider the 1500 can be intimidating. After the riding course, and with a little practice on your bike, you will find it to be a big pussy cat. She's stable, well mannered and the power is controllable.

After the course, ride your bike through the same drills and it will quickly become comfortable for you.

Have fun - ride safe.

Thanks for the advice mh. I take the course in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome! Im new to the forum also and have found alot of good info, I think you will like it. I had a 2002 1500 classic that road itself, very smooth and easy to handle.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Welcome from the West Coast.... You'll enjoy riding, and once you complete your MSF and put some miles under the saddle, that death grip will loosen up. Enjoy the freedom...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome, I am new as well, I just had elbow surgery and bought a V2K that i can't ride but i can take good care of her until I am all better-lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi kevind. I went from a Honda 350 30+ yrs ago to a 1500 this year. Took a bit of time getting used to the weight at low speeds, but took to it quickly. As mhgoldwing stated practice the low speed drills untill you're fully comfortable. Preferably in a vacant parking lot. They'll be lots of time for highway riding later. If you don't have them already my highway bars have saved my paint on a couple of small incidences. I've also found that there are people on this forum that can answer pretty much any question you might have about riding. All you have to do is ask. Taking the course is an excellent idea.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, I am new as well, I just had elbow surgery and bought a V2K that i can't ride but i can take good care of her until I am all better-lol
Thanks, I went through rotator cuff surgery 4 months ago, so its slow going on this end as well. Take care

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi kevind. I went from a Honda 350 30+ yrs ago to a 1500 this year. Took a bit of time getting used to the weight at low speeds, but took to it quickly. As mhgoldwing stated practice the low speed drills untill you're fully comfortable. Preferably in a vacant parking lot. They'll be lots of time for highway riding later. If you don't have them already my highway bars have saved my paint on a couple of small incidences. I've also found that there are people on this forum that can answer pretty much any question you might have about riding. All you have to do is ask. Taking the course is an excellent idea.
Thanks Jigger, I am looking for a set of highway guards as I write. I will be doing a lot of practice after the class. My friend came over and took her out to test her the other day. He has a 99 Nomad, and when he came back he said mine was a lot faster than his. I dont see how since he has basically the same motor but I wont be trying for any speed records at all! Yes everyone seems has a good bit of knowledge her and I'm sure I will be asking a bunch of questions as I go along.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts