Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok here you guys bout 2 weeks ago i had drove to san antonio to get my 07 vulcan custom. I payed 5700 for it, and it had about 800 miles. HE also had some after market stuff on it. He had put a bigger tire in the back. And messd around with the lights. I just got my bike had to take it to the dealer cuz the signals wouldnt work. I dont have my license yet. But i use to have a 250 ninja. Im not really into going fast. I went on a cruise with some of my friends. But i was scared of going over 65. And they were all hauling. And telling me i need to catch up but i could care less lol. Well im barley building my confidence on the bike. I dont think i will be jumping on the highway anytime soon. I really love how the bike feels and looks. You cant even compare my old 250 to this awsome machine. well thats enough talk. here are some pics.

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/d42dce43897d4871aff7dbf89dd87f23/px-assets/5d1f5d5155a8492b81c039d249422e3a

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/d42dce43897d4871aff7dbf89dd87f23/px-assets/46ce60a38de04c15abe82ce48ed2ddfa
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/d42dce43897d4871aff7dbf89dd87f23/px-assets/e473981dce1846c9896a1d095c3ebf7b

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sweet ride! The bike looks like it wants to go fast but as MN-Nomad suggests build up your confidence first because there's a lot more power available than the Ninja. Get those lights working because lots of lighting into rear view mirrors works better than loud pipes at getting the attention of the 4+ wheelers on the highway.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Very nice ride, looks a lot like my 09 Custom. Very fine selection. You have excellent taste in motorcycles. :D

Cheers for you in not letting others bully you into riding at speeds you are not comfortable with. Ride within you skill/comfort zone, exploring the boundaries of your envelope carefully as your skill and mileage build.

You will do well.:)

Andy

PS: Thanks for sharing pictures of another fine Custom!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thank you all. Yeah today was my first day taking it to school. It was awsome i didnt have to park a mile away n walk like i use to wit my car. lol. i parked right in front of the college lol. And it looked nice parking next to all those amazing bikes.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Ah-Ha! Now i'm getting a more complete picture...
Not only do you have a great bike, but more importantly you're a safe rider that won't succomb easily to peer pressure. Good on ya!
And welcome to the ranks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great bike!!! Just keep on riding at your own pace and comfort level, and you'll soon build up to hitting the highway! Then you can tell the rest of your buddies to keep up with you!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looks nice

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great looking rear tire!!

It may be a good idea to start a sticky with this subject (Fat Rear Tire - HOWTO and PICS). Can our moderator help?

There has been so much said about this mod and it has been scattered across many different posts. It would be cool to have a more focused list of things that work perfectly, work kinda, and don't work (say it rubs, or whatever).

Just an idea. Maybe a few people would find it helpful.

--Bass

1 - 17 of 17 Posts