Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my wife's grandfathers tow truck he used for many years. He has left it to us. Its in a bit rough of shape but we will see what we can do with it. It is not my first vehicle to rebuild but my first from starting this far back.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Wow! That is so awesome! I've seen guys restore trucks like that that they found at junk yards and estate sales; but that one actually has some sentimental value there! Keep us posted will ya? I think that's way too cool.

Are you going to restore it back to the way it was when it was 'in service' or do you have other plans?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are going to put it back the way it was when it was in service. The body had been getting rough for a long time. Probably will try and find another whole cab for it. It was fully operational up until about 12 years ago when he had his stroke. It was parked in the garage and not moved or fired up since.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is back in the late '60s early '70s at the local race track. He worked down there on the weekends.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Too cool!! I saw an old Chevy flat bed delivery truck that I thought would be great for a project. The guy wouldn't sell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts