1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Loud and Proud Brother :D Those really look nice, sweet ride !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
did you have to do anything else after putting the pipes on? Dynoed? Looking to put some pipes on my 900 LT.
thanks
Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you have to do anything else after putting the pipes on? Dynoed? Looking to put some pipes on my 900 LT.
thanks
Paul
No, nothing needs doing when you just replace the exhaust, if you also change the intake then there's changes to the FI to be made I think

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got a new set of Vance and Hines pipes today, and oh my God they're loud :D Sure do look pretty though
I also have the same bike and I have been wondering about which exhaust to get. Do you have any regrets about losing the black? I think the black makes it look pretty bad ass...

Would you mind taking a pic with the bike out in the sun? It is underexposed or whatever there in the shadows with the bright background

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt like the black too much, and I think the chrome looks great with the shine from the painted parts and contrasts nicely. It's winter here now so not too much sun, but here are some more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the extra pics. It does look really good but I think I am going to stick with black. I like the Hard Krome Strippers...mostly because I am well known by all my friends to frequent the strip clubs. This might be the only way I'll ever get to ride a couple of them. HA HA HA

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If your interested I also debadged it this weekend. I think it looks awesome, but can see that people might not like it. Here are a couple of shots
How tough was the debadging? Would love to hear your process as I have been considering this as well.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
New to the forum today. Just bought a new Special Edition and absolutely love it.

I looked into the vance & hines pipes too, but wanted to stay with black pipes. I contacted V&H and found they have no plans to make them in black. Bummer. They make a real quality product.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey....what is the model number on your VH pipes? I want loud...would you say it is louder than average? Thanks much in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How tough was the debadging? Would love to hear your process as I have been considering this as well.
The debadging was fairly easy. I just warmed it up for a while with my wife's hairdryer and then used dental floss to seperate the badge from the tank. The floss kept breaking so it's best to fold a strip over a couple of times to give it some strength.

The glue stayed on the tank at this point, but because it was warm and pliable it just peeled off with a little patience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey....what is the model number on your VH pipes? I want loud...would you say it is louder than average? Thanks much in advance.
No idea what the model number is, but if these aren't loud enough for you I'd be surprised

·
Registered
84 Posts
here's mine with the Hard Krome pipes....sounds mean and runs great!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I didnt like the black too much, and I think the chrome looks great with the shine from the painted parts and contrasts nicely. It's winter here now so not too much sun, but here are some more pics
I like the black myself. Are your stock pipes For Sale?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts