Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got the pipes today from MeanCycles.com. My only complaint was getting charged $7 for shipping the new exhaust gaskets when all they did was throw them in the box with the pipes (shipping for the pipes was free). Install was easy. The heat shields make getting the exhaust nuts on a bit of a pain. But not bad. (used small 12 point wrench on the front and 1/4" drive swivel on the rear). Road it once with the baffles in and once with out. Only difference I can tell is that removing them makes it louder at idle and low speed. Not much difference at WOT.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Man, this bike was MADE for those pipes. Sweet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Next up, gonna do either the front or rear pulley, power commander (although I might consider doing it first after a friend of mine reported a huge fire ball from my pipes) I'm hopping I can pull enough side jobs this summer to do both pulleys, Ness big air kit and lower it.

I'm also hopping I can put off tire's and brake pads till next year. I've got just over 15k on the stock equipment right now which is really gonna be pushing it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
very very nice man - I used to have these on a Vstar 1100 and definately want them for the new VN900 --- just installed barron's BAK - so when I do these I'll also be doing the Cobra Fi2000Power Pro with CVT.

A healthy chunk of change for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts