Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everybody for the input and especially for the repair manual!!! the new Britt Motorsports "Hot Rod Drag Pipes" are on and my hearing fading fast :D. Actually the Air Force Jets have taken care of that over past couple of dacades. Thanks for the help, here is a quick vidio of the results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went for a spin

I just took it out for an hour ride, I like the sound on the road! Not near as laud as the vidio taken in the garage. They have a distincive growel at 70 but wake the dead when you roll on the trottle. I'll be putting in and out of the neighborhood when I go to work at 5 AM but they're great on the road. I bought these brand new on e-bay for 199.00, they retail in catalogs for 599. They still have 8 sets for the same price...not bad for new pipes!

Here is the link if you're interested..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160537808239&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
864 Posts
Awesome the only way to describe it !!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Albert ... V = Vulcan >< 2K = 2000...... Hence the abbreviated version V2K .... Sorta like Y2K was the Year 2000 ...... remember when everyone was talking about all the bad s#it was gonna hit the fan on y2k...... oh the # is an h........ spelled that way so no ones sensibilities are hurt for saying the word shit on here..... UH OH my bad.. Bulldozer

·
Registered
616 Posts
neighbors

Thanks to everybody for the input and especially for the repair manual!!! the new Britt Motorsports "Hot Rod Drag Pipes" are on and my hearing fading fast :D. Actually the Air Force Jets have taken care of that over past couple of dacades. Thanks for the help, here is a quick vidio of the results.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5FLoIArGR4&feature=player_embedded
NICE looking pipes, do they blow dirt up off the street?? onto those poor unfortunate souls, behind & to the right, who cant keep up to the V2K?
They look similar to Samson Street Sweepers, nice pipes but HORRID to ride behind on the right !
love the neighbors comment , you will likley get waved at a lot, ??? could be a one finger wave though???

·
Registered
151 Posts
Love the rumble..

Omg your new pipes sound frickin awesome. Like a big block v-8, I love the rumble.

And thank for posting the vid as there are hardly any vids of the britt pipes on YouTube. I am seriously considering a set in black for my 900 classic. Obviously I am sure sound would be a little tamer on the 900 as your bike is over double the size of mine cc wise but at least now I can get a feel for em.

Did you opt for the heat shields, I noticed they are a $130 add on option? Are they needed in your opinion...? Also did you get the baffled or non baffled?

Thanks again and yes I am sure the neighbors will love em also...lol:D!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baffles

These pipes were on e-bay new in the box with baffles and heat shields for 199 bucks. They retail for 599 in all of the catalogs so I thought for the price I’d give them a try. The company was Kustomwerks out of the Carolinas, they build custom bikes and had 10 sets of these on e-bay for sale. The pipes come in chrome or black, with and without baffles, the baffles are welded in so you have to pick which you want. Mine have baffles in them but as you can see in the video, they make plenty of noise. As for anyone complaining about the noise of being to the right rear….they need a bike that will get out in front of a V2K…problem solved!!! :D :D Joking aside, these are not bad at cruise speed unless I run a lower gear. If I drop 2 gears and crank her open…god help the poor guys hearing next to me LOL…and yes they do blow stuff to the right!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dang, I can't find em for the 900 for the same deal. I'd buy em in a heartbeat for that price....:(

I suck at using eBay, if anyone finds em pls pm me..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased today that pipes for $199 plus $93 S/H for Puerto Rico, that is a total of $292.00. That is a great deal, I'm just can't wait to received.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ordered pipes today

just ordered the pipes from kustomworks today, hope to get them by middle of next week, and hope it is the sound I want.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is for JK60 or anyone that already installed this pipes in his V2K.

Any recommendation for the installation? Did you install a power commander too? Any tips?

·
Registered
24 Posts
pipes came in today, and I have just come in the house from the install and test ride. They were fairly simple to install, had a little trouble with the front heat shield, had to grind down the rear OEM exhaust mount, but that was about it.
As for a power commander, I did not install one, and on the test ride (about two miles) I had no popping or suck back. They sound great to me , and not obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anybody have any exPerience with the britt's without the baffles? How much louder are they than the baffled..?

And btw I called kustomwerks today to see if they had the same deal going for the 900.... They don't and further states that they are getting out of metrics all together....FYI.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love the pipes and the price. unfortunately (as usual) I wasn't quick enough and they're not there anymore. Anybody gets them and doesn't like them, let me know and i'll take em off your hands.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts