Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got tired of painting stuff for everybody else and decided to paint my own bike. I ran into a guy at Lake of the Ozarks bikefest that had done a similar style of flames with his bike and he told me that he used his wifes scrapbook machine so I thought Id give it a try. The orange I used is called citrus fire and although you cant realy tell in this pic its loaded with metallic, same with the silver. Oh, and I added a saracen front fender too....

·
Registered
53 Posts
looks sharp id lose the rear plate and blinker assy and do something custom there but the bike looks sick right now i like it alot. great color

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks sharp id lose the rear plate and blinker assy and do something custom there but the bike looks sick right now i like it alot. great color
thanks, i plan on ordering a lowering kit and putting on a 200 rear tire, then i'lll do something with the plate and blinkers. started to do something with it now, but it just looked weird with all that space there...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I also used my wife's cricut (scrap book Machine ) to make a mask for my paint.. guess their are alot of us out there

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha! Thats funny. I had to buy a new cartridge for her cricut but im glad i did. The guy i talked to put a 1200 in the ball part of the flame (he was on a sportster) but i thought flames would be better. And here i thought i was being somewhat original....lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow! Really nice paint, original but still attractive enough that it will be easy to sell when the time comes. Truly something to be proud of and that goes for both 417 and Ronc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So I got tired of painting stuff for everybody else and decided to paint my own bike. I ran into a guy at Lake of the Ozarks bikefest that had done a similar style of flames with his bike and he told me that he used his wifes scrapbook machine so I thought Id give it a try. The orange I used is called citrus fire and although you cant realy tell in this pic its loaded with metallic, same with the silver. Oh, and I added a saracen front fender too....

Does this mean you do or don't paint for others? I'm thinking about picking up the same fender for my custom but don't trust my painting skills in any way to be able to get it to match the stock passion red!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does this mean you do or don't paint for others? I'm thinking about picking up the same fender for my custom but don't trust my painting skills in any way to be able to get it to match the stock passion red!

I do. Thats how i make a living...lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
I do. Thats how i make a living...lol

Well I'll be! That begs the question..if I purchased this fender and had it shipped to you for painting, what would that cost me? :)

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'll be! That begs the question..if I purchased this fender and had it shipped to you for painting, what would that cost me? :)

Id have to price the paint before id feel comfortable shooting you a price

·
Registered
162 Posts

Just sent you a PM.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Tried to reply to your last message bit your mailbox is full. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts