Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have new parts coming, new rear fender, new bars (getting rid of my 16" apes) and new shorter cables and such. Probably going to take my seat to an upholstery guy and have him turn it into a solo and buy a stick on for womens.

But, I am going to paint the bike too.

Currently it is a dark metallic grey on headlight tank and fenders, plastics are pearl black, other stuff like frame is flat black. Looks great.

So I have these colors to choose from: Charcoal grey (dark) Camo green, black, white.

I'm thinking that White tank/fenders and charcoal plastics/frame would look great, and also charcoal tank/fender with white rest would look awesome. Not sure on the green, but a charcoal top with green frame might look cool, anyone have any opinions?

It's all matte paint FYI, but I could gloss it up, just probably wont. My pipes are black and will probably stay black. So I may leave the frame and other parts flat black and just repaint the metallic stuff. Help please :D

I'm going to be doing my car in the white/charcoal soon too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok So the frame is already flat black, so I am going to leave it that way I think.

Now I've decided on charcoal grey and camo green as my two colors, but can't decide which to use on the tank. I'm thinking the camo green would look better as the accent for the plastics because it'll match the black frame better then gray on top (tank/fenders)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like army green with two charcoal great racing stripes, or one offset.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Please post pictures after it is painted, I been think of a repaint for my 06 , the paint on it now is great, blue and silver , no scracthes etc, I just compounded the whole bike down last week to get that wet look back. So some color schemes would great to see!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I have the tank, fenders, headlight and luggage rack done, plastidipped charcoal grey, ?I still have to metalize and gloss them, but I am having difficulties on the other paint color! I'm going to flat the frame, because it was shiny (I forgot I painted it awhile back) and plastidip sent me the wrong color of green so I have to run to autozone and pick one. I'm going to grab an olive drab color and gloss it and see how it shows up! Not like painting is that hard or involved anyway lol!

I'll post pics later tonight!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
So I have the tank, fenders, headlight and luggage rack done, plastidipped charcoal grey, ?I still have to metalize and gloss them, but I am having difficulties on the other paint color! I'm going to flat the frame, because it was shiny (I forgot I painted it awhile back) and plastidip sent me the wrong color of green so I have to run to autozone and pick one. I'm going to grab an olive drab color and gloss it and see how it shows up! Not like painting is that hard or involved anyway lol!

I'll post pics later tonight!
Your spraying these right, any airbrushing or just straight colors

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm spraying. No airbrushing, but it's three tone now.

Frame/engine parts: Flat black
Covers, risers, tripple tree clamps: flat Olive drab with silver fleck on top and then clear coat
Fenders, headlight, sissybar/luggage rack: charcoal grey plastidip with silver fleck and clear.

Paint is mostly done, I think I'll do my wheels tomorrow. Just waiting for stuff to dry so I can put it back together.

Anyone have an idea of how long I'll need to wait? Paint dries in 8 hours but I'm sure I can put the bike together in 2 or 3 right?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Did you wet sand it already and buff it out ? You do that like 7 days later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts