Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Vulcan 800 VN-A4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my first street bike. Its a 1998 Vulcan 800. The VN800-A4 to be exact or the big wheel as I like to call it. I'm trying to find front to back custom parts but can't locate a good online dealer. I got the bike cheap with low miles and would love to do something special with it considering its my first bike. Pics pending.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to the addictive world of riding. If you scan through the forums I'm sure you'll find some ideas and ways you can make your new to you bike your own. I've heard good things about Partzilla and Bike Bandit but I'm in Canada so I've never used them (shipping, exchange rate and duty makes ordering from US companies ridiculously expensive). There are lots of helpful and knowledgeable members here willing to offer advice and tips. And if you have any questions, just ask.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina. Terrific that you joined us. Also good venders are. www.denniskirk.com www.jpcycles.com and for OEM parts www.cheapcycleparts.com.

Tarzan, see Jane in your picture, are you going to ride two up a lot?
No offense, not telling you what to do, but...
Get aquatinted with the bike before dumping a ton of dollars into it. Make sure you going to keep it and it fits your riding needs. You might want to go bigger and putting a ton of money into a 1998 bike might not be feasible.

Boats and Motorcycles are two things that once you get accustomed to, you want BIGGER.

·
Registered
1998 Vulcan 800 VN-A4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas and yes Tourer, I will be going 2 up a little bit and even more once I have purchased a bigger bike. I'm going with a 2020 Indian Springfield early next year and that will really satisfy my urge for long hauls and having her with me when she wants. The Vulcan is a staple though and will be here for my son when he's ready. The build is really his and he will turn wrenches with me over the next couple years and really learn to love Ruby (Vulcan) before he finds out she's his.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Everybody was new at one time or another.
If you see a question that you know the answer to jump in share your knowledge.
That's what makes forums like this great, everybody sharing their knowledge and experience. We all can learn from each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts