Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bout Kawasaki vaquero 1700 with 2800 miles. When I try to start the bike In the morning it idle to hight rpm and when I'm trying to add throtle is start ding when I'm letting go it's ok . Soones it warm up its fine. My question is that's normal or not?

Thx

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey I just bout Kawasaki vaquero 1700 with 2800 miles. When I try to start the bike In the morning it idle to hight rpm and when I'm trying to add throtle is start ding when I'm letting go it's ok . Soones it warm up its fine. My question is that's normal or not?

Thx
The bike will run on high idle until it's warmed up then slow down which is perfectly normal. I always start the bike in the morning then put my gear on to give it time to warm up then idle down before I ride away. I recommend reading through the owners manual if you're not sure as this is documented there. Enjoy the bike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike will run on high idle until it's warmed up then slow down which is perfectly normal. I always start the bike in the morning then put my gear on to give it time to warm up then idle down before I ride away. I recommend reading through the owners manual if you're not sure as this is documented there. Enjoy the bike

I try to look in manual and didn't see anything about that. But if u say it's normal and ur bike is same way then I don't have to worry about that. JYet warm up .

Thx

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You should never have to touch the throttle on a fuel injected bike.

Turn it on, wait for the gauges to sweep, hit the starter button and let it idle until it settles down warm idle.

Don't be blipping the throttle like the Harley guys like to do. Does nothing but confuse the computer while it is starting the motor. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
like twowheel said, you dont need to touch the throttle. the FI will get the bikewarmed up for you on its own

1 - 5 of 5 Posts