Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Just got my (pre owned) Vulcan S delivered today! So excited!
Took MSF course and added my M endorsement just last month. Look forward to leaning from you all :).

My very first question. . . This bike is equipped with ABS, and when I start the engine, the Amber “ABS” light stays on. . . Is this normal or there’s something wrong with the ABS? The bike didn’t come with the manual, so I don’t know how to look it up. Any guidance/help you can provide would be much appreciated.

<edit>
I should have searched in the forum before posting it. It seems that it is normal until it gets up to 3mph or so. . . I haven’t ridden it yet, so I had no idea. Problem solved!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear March411,

Thank you very much for your reply as well as the link to the manual! Very first reply:smile2:

Will definitely check it out and learn about it . First thing to look up is the button on the right side of instrument cluster. . . I know left one toggles trip a, b, average mpg, etc., but I have no idea what the right one is supposed to do. Just a decoration to make it symmetrical?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dear March411,

Thank you very much for your reply as well as the link to the manual! Very first reply:smile2:

Will definitely check it out and learn about it . First thing to look up is the button on the right side of instrument cluster. . . I know left one toggles trip a, b, average mpg, etc., but I have no idea what the right one is supposed to do. Just a decoration to make it symmetrical?
Welcome to the forums! You are going to love your Vulcan S! The manual will walk you through the buttons. The right button changes the "modes" you can set. :smile2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello jdocster,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I ended up staying till 1am reading the manual - tons of great info!

Really excited about this new experience, and really appreciate you all for sharing your knowledge. Actually I checked out dozens of topics here in this forum, and bought engine guards (Puig), DC socket (and the relay), luggage rack and few more items. It will be a fun weekend for sure!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Normal until it gets going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasnurse,

Thank you for the tip!

Today I spent 4 hours in the empty movie theater parking lot (they closed down a while ago) practicing friction zone, u-turns and other basic stuff. I had no idea my textile jacket I got did not provide any cooling effect under below 20 MPH lol!

On my way back home, I had my very first biker wave!! Guys, this is seriously one of the best decisions I made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts