Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I picked up my bike few days ago and chose reduced reach position for foot pegs. I want to revert it back to mid/stock setting. Is it easy to do or I would have to go back to dealer? Can't stand the dealer I bought from.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
The shift rod may be longer on the mid reach setup, I'm not sure if there are 2 or 3 different rods. If it is different it's a $6 piece. Just a word of caution, others on here have been back to the dealer with downshifting issues and some of their problems seem to have been related to the shifter adjustments. I would recommend having a dealer move the pegs, then if you do have shifting issues after that they'll be on the hook to correct it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with goforit. i'm not mechanic and would hate to tackle moving those foot pegs. you just have to put on your smiling face one more time and get them to move the pegs. i would hope they would do it at no charge. let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys..here are some photos..hopefully the link will work..

one more question, I feel lot vibration on low speeds, is it normal? I haven't ridden much due to weather but I felt lot of vibration..will it become better eventually?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Except for very low speeds, in lower gears, I try to keep the revs above 3000 or it seems to be lugging. The shift speeds in the owners manual are way too low...

Suggest if it starts to vibrate, go down a gear...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah I agree with RV8R, anything evern near 3k RPM and I am lugging. I stay in first in parking lots, and just deal with the engine brake when I let off the throttle. Once I am on the road I am quick to get out of first and into 2nd near 4-4.5 k. I have noticed that during a normal stop I have to downshift more than I expect, maybe that GPI is looking good after all?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts