Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all, I just recently picked up a 2010 Vulcan 900 classic LT with a few extras already installed. It has some leds, crash bar, Cobra swept exhaust and fi2000 tuner.

I also believe it has some sort of intake mod but i do not know for sure. Ive tried to look at what is on the bike and comparing it to the aftermarket options but havent found anything yet.

I know my tuner is set on the default setting of 4-2-0 and i would like to tune it to get even more power lol. So basically i guess im asking if i have an upgraded intake or should i get one and then tune the bike.

Does anyone here have a nearly identical set up that could give me a base setting on the tuner to start with. Ive read the directions on tuning them but seems you really need a tach to do it correctly.

Vulcan 900

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
That looks like a Baron's Big Air Kit with the pinstripe cover Baron Big Air Kit. Most people with the FI2000 start or end up with a 2.2.1 setting if I'm remembering correctly. I have the PowerCommander V on mine so I'm really no help there.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Also check here for how to use photobucket to insert pics in your posts :) Tutorial

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know about using photobucket but i dont have an account there and i didnt feel like making a new account.

How would you rate the setup im currently running now with the cobra exhaust, fi tuner, and bak. should i look into adding or changing anything else on the bike.

Also if anyone has the same setup i would be interested to know what pot settings you used and id like to try that and see if it makes a difference compared to cobras stock 4-2-0 setting

Thanks for the help on the air intake

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
You can just as easily use Google Drive / Google+

Click on the image and when it comes up on your screen, right click it and click "Copy image URL". Then click the "insert picture" button and paste that URL right there. Alternatively, you can just wrap
tags around the URL.

Here's an example:

[.IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7CVDRILt44PGmMP-SVTd7LRfFybp6znLpUe1UDFU3D-43l-EN6EvnQAy0AWR8vh6hkRB9g=w1256-h445[./IMG]

The periods were added to prevent it from parsing the image. Without the periods you get this:

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
You can just as easily use Google Drive / Google+

Click on the image and when it comes up on your screen, right click it and click "Copy image URL". Then click the "insert picture" button and paste that URL right there. Alternatively, you can just wrap
tags around the URL.

Here's an example:

[.IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7CVDRILt44PGmMP-SVTd7LRfFybp6znLpUe1UDFU3D-43l-EN6EvnQAy0AWR8vh6hkRB9g=w1256-h445[./IMG]

The periods were added to prevent it from parsing the image. Without the periods you get this:

Good info to have. I forgot about copying image url. I'm slipping in my old-ish age LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm I tried that with the link Google gave me to share but they wouldn't show up. I guess I needed to open the pictures then use that link

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
open the pictures and then right click on the image and select "copy image URL". Then click the insert image icon in the reply field on here and paste into the pop up window.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Open the image and right click and you'll see this:

Then click on the insert image portion and paste into the pop up and then click ok:

And then it'll insert it in your post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i got it already. thanks though

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey '402.

No pictures showing...you can also add small pics directly in your posts.

Go down below where you are typing and check out "Additional Options", then check out "attach files". The pics have to be fairly small to do it that way.

Or, just follow Doom's or Roman's instructions.

I cannot see your pictures, but maybe its just me... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts