Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a '06 Nomad 1600 last night. I noted two issues. First one is the drive shaft boot is cracked. I did some reading here, and I think I can just patch it up for now to keep dirt and water out. Second issue is the Mode button on the digital display is not functioning. I've read that it might be a lost cause since it's not really serviceable, but someone did mention replacing the circuit board rather than the entire meter assembly. Anyone have any input on that? Finally, one of the little rubber button caps on the meter cover is missing. Is there any source for dinky little parts like that as opposed to buying a new cover for $140? I may resort to sticking a small cork in the hole to keep water out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a replacement drive shaft boot for mine but i have not installed it yet. i think it was maybe 20 bucks? I suspect ebay would be a good source for the other button cover. good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I found a tear in the drive boot, I'll admit I was lazy and wrapped it with rigger's tape. All it has to do is keep dust out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Following up on the speedometer issue. The mode button does not work. I've sprayed it with CRC electronic contact cleaner and wiggled it around. Nothing. Any ideas on what can be done?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After finding no helpful information online, I gave up and bought a replacement speedometer on ebay. It works just fine, so I guess I'm done fussing with the defective one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts