Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up, all? Josh from NE AL, here. I just bought a 2006 Nomad 1600 a couple months ago and been loving every minute of it! It's like riding a couch! This is my first full blown cruiser. I've had several sportbikes, 2 Yamaha Star Warriors (one of which I still have), and now this big cushy jewel. Below will be a few pics of mah Nomad and mah Warrior.

I have a couple questions/comments regarding the Nomad. It was a 1 owner with only 13k miles, looks brand new! Run like a champ! Just put some V&H dual bagger exhaust on it, contemplating ordering the Ultimate Baffles for them. I removed the glass from the V&H baffles, but not sure yet if I'm satisfied. One day will probably put a batwing and stereo on it.

As of now, only things that bother me is the front end wobble as soon as you let go of the handlebars. It's bad, sometimes you can even feel it want to, with just a light grip on the bars. I've read that this is the steering head nut that loads the bearings? I will get to that one day, but not an immediate issue. The other is I hear sort of a whining in about 4th and/or 5th gear, that seams to be mechanical and gear specific, think it does it worse in 4th. It's not terrible, just doesn't seem ordinary. It sounds like a rearend in a car/truck when it's been ran too low of gear oil and the gears wear down causing a whine when you are accelerating. It may be nothing, was just curious since I am new to this bike's platform.

Glad to be a member of yet another forum lol. :nerd:

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
Welcome from South Texas. Nice bike.

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
Welcome! Ask your questions in the 1600 forum where other owners can help you out. Not all read the new intro section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts