Registered
169 Posts
I love that. Pls do tell us how good it is at deflecting wind & protection

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took it on a short ride after my install last night only hitting about 30 mph so ill definitely post an update after i get on the highway and really open her up..Finished my install late last night and a cold front and lots of rain moved into the area this morning,go figure..thank god its Texas so it should be 90 and sunny tomorrow haha..

·
Registered
270 Posts
SWEET. don't forget to give us the intel on how she performs

·
Registered
658 Posts
looks good! how was the install?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good! how was the install?
install wasn't too horribly bad,all the videos show it to be a piece of cake like 10-20 minutes but that wasn't the case with me.i had trouble getting the clamps onto the triple tree and then took me a bit to adjust it and get it just right..But full disclosure i am NOT the most mechanically inclined guy so im sure it was just me.Though I am extra proud of myself for installing this all by myself and for doing my own LED underglow kit too haha!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey guys installed the Memphis Shades bullet fairing on my 09 custom SE last night and i love the new look.I can definitely feel a difference on the highway too.. thought id share some pics

http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/harleyironman883/library/Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing Install
Hey I was thinking bout doing this on my all black 09 Custom...do you like the way it looks? I'm sort of nervous about how far it comes back over the handlebars...sorta going for the SOA look with mine but i'm curious as to how it really looks??? Do you have some more pics you can take of it? Does the black fairing match ur bike? I'm wondering since I have the black/blue flake deal for my paint job if it will look weird??? Still contemplating this mod...

·
Registered
273 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I digg the look bro.. I've been contiplating ordering that fairing for about 3 weeks now.. I just can't decide. I'd love to see some more pics if you get a chance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey I was thinking bout doing this on my all black 09 Custom...do you like the way it looks? I'm sort of nervous about how far it comes back over the handlebars...sorta going for the SOA look with mine but i'm curious as to how it really looks??? Do you have some more pics you can take of it? Does the black fairing match ur bike? I'm wondering since I have the black/blue flake deal for my paint job if it will look weird??? Still contemplating this mod...
I actually really do love the way it looks and its funny you should mention SOA because thats exactly why I went with this one haha (LOVE that show)..It really changed the look of my bike for the better in my opinion.again its all in the eye of the beholder but to me it made my bike look a little tougher,looks like a bigger bike than it really is ,don't know if that makes sense to you our not..It matched my bike perfectly,looks like it came with it and because its black i would think it goes with pretty much anything..Ive seen it on bikes of different colors and haven't seen one that looks bad yet..i will try and take some more pics in the daylight or you..BEST part about this is the performance it brings with it on the highway,i absolutely its affect on wind.Im 5'11 and i love that i can still feel the win in my face which has always been one of my favorite things about it,however the wind has definitely lost a lot of intensity,i no longer feel the full force of it pushing my back its just very enjoyable now,i can comfortably ride with just one hand now even at high 70mph+ which is great..and i have yet to be smacked by a bug in the face since adding it which is super nice haha..over all it was definitely worth the price IMO..

one more thing..it doesn't come back to far over the handle bars or anything like that.Don't know if this will make sense but it "disappeared" quickly.By that i mean it didn't take long for me to forget that i even had it on there from a rider point of view which is a good thing i think.Didn't need to "take time" to adjust to it because it just felt like it was on the since day one..hope that makes sense..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I digg the look bro.. I've been contiplating ordering that fairing for about 3 weeks now.. I just can't decide. I'd love to see some more pics if you get a chance!
Ill definitely try and take some more pictures in daylight and post them for you guys!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok ive had the Bullet Fairing on for a while now and i can honestly say i love every aspect of it..I love the look it brought to my bike and the BEST part about this is the performance it brings with it on the highway,i absolutely love its affect on wind.Im 5'11 and i love that i can still feel the wind in my face (Since its not a super tall windshield like others)which has always been one of my favorite things about riding,however the wind has definitely lost a lot of intensity,i no longer feel the full force of it pushing me back, its just very enjoyable now,i can comfortably ride with just one hand now even at 70mph+ which is great..and i have yet to be smacked by a bug in the face since adding it which is super nice haha..over all it was definitely a great mod IMO..:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
I actually really do love the way it looks and its funny you should mention SOA because thats exactly why I went with this one haha
Thanks for the detailed response...I would love to see more pics for sure...i'm having a really hard time deciding between the bullet and another quarter fairing by maier which is universal to most bikes

Glad you're enjoying the fairings benefits!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ok ive had the Bullet Fairing on for a while now and i can honestly say i love every aspect of it..I love the look it brought to my bike and the BEST part about this is the performance it brings with it on the highway,i absolutely love its affect on wind.Im 5'11 and i love that i can still feel the wind in my face (Since its not a super tall windshield like others)which has always been one of my favorite things about riding,however the wind has definitely lost a lot of intensity,i no longer feel the full force of it pushing me back, its just very enjoyable now,i can comfortably ride with just one hand now even at 70mph+ which is great..and i have yet to be smacked by a bug in the face since adding it which is super nice haha..over all it was definitely a great mod IMO..:D
what about the buffeting effect?

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey sorry everyone for delay in pics,i need to get them up here..been slammed lately but ill try and get some quickly..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts