Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm 3w-lonerider, i don't have a voyager yet but getting one as soon as the insurance company settles up with me.
bought a brand new honda valkyrie in 1999. but the weight got to be to much with the wife on so i triked it in 2004.
it now has 214,000 miles on it but the 3rd of aug it caught on fire. took the wiring harness and other stuff with it. mostly electrical.
still waiting on the adjuster to do his report so i can order a brand new 2019 voyager and have it triked with a csc kit.
been doing alot of reading on this board for the last couple of weeks and decided if i'm getting one i might as well join.
was planning on fixing the valk, parts came up to 2500 bucks and some parts are no longer available. decided not to fix it because if i did i'd still have a 20 year old bike that the parts supply is dwindling. i do all my own work, been turning wrenches for 45 years so been around the block once or twice in repairing things. i work for an equipment rental company and iv'e been there 20 years. my wife loves to ride also and we've been married 37 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm getting closer to owning a voyager, talked to the insurance today and we are settling up in a couple of days. sounds like i'm getting around 8 grand for a 20 year old trike. i'm happy with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts