Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2016 Vulcan 900 Classic
2 Posts
At 61, bought a Vulcan 500 the summer of 2021 to get reacquainted to riding since I hadn't had one since late 80's. Then this last summer moved up to a 900 Classic. I too found corners to be unsettling. First one felt like I was going to snowplow right through to the shoulder. I'm better but still don't have full confidence like the old days. With the forward foot position, do like the foot boards much better than the foot pegs of the 500.

· Registered
2021 Vulcan Voyager
370 Posts
Hello IC3/SS, I picked up the 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT today. 13,050 miles. Appreciate the information. I went for a short ride after bringing her home. I was much more relaxed and it was a much better feeling ride this time. Only time will tell. Not to concerned about a passenger. I was widowed last October. Covid hit us both. Im so thankful to the Lord for life. My wife didn’t recover. Adjusting to single life after 45 years together. She was precious and a joy to be with. Me and my children and grandchildren miss her greatly. The grandchildren were excited to see my “NEW” motorcycle! I’m not sure how much riding I will be doing. I have become official babysitter and school transportation daily now.
I am so sorry for your loss. My Wife and Daughter are both long haulers for covid. We all got hit by it around Thanksgiving 2021. The Wife was down for over a month and my Daughter was out of work for 6 month, to this day they both have not fully recovered. However they are strong ladies and they keep on going. As for me I get it and am over it in a couple days. Our ladies are the precious reason for life and we live on to honor them.

If you ever want to take the school transportation gig pro, there is a nationwide shortage of drivers of school buses. The Wife drives a bus for special needs children, 22 years.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am so sorry for your loss. My Wife and Daughter are both long haulers for covid. We all got hit by it around Thanksgiving 2021. The Wife was down for over a month and my Daughter was out of work for 6 month, to this day they both have not fully recovered. However they are strong ladies and they keep on going. As for me I get it and am over it in a couple days. Our ladies are the precious reason for life and we live on to honor them.

If you ever want to take the school transportation gig pro, there is a nationwide shortage of drivers of school buses. The Wife drives a bus for special needs children, 22 years.
Thank you. Sorry y’all went thru the Covid. Thank God y’all are recovering. Yes the recovery process takes awhile. It’s been 14 months for me. I’ve just begun to start feeling mostly whole. I’d say 90%.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
At 61, bought a Vulcan 500 the summer of 2021 to get reacquainted to riding since I hadn't had one since late 80's. Then this last summer moved up to a 900 Classic. I too found corners to be unsettling. First one felt like I was going to snowplow right through to the shoulder. I'm better but still don't have full confidence like the old days. With the forward foot position, do like the foot boards much better than the foot pegs of the 500.
MRHarris, hello. Thank you for the information. I did go ahead and bought the 900 yesterday. I went for a short spin. Getting use to the foot controls will take adjusting. But I was much more at ease this ride than the initial test run.

· Registered
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
25 Posts
Hello IC3/SS, I picked up the 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT today. 13,050 miles. Appreciate the information. I went for a short ride after bringing her home. I was much more relaxed and it was a much better feeling ride this time. Only time will tell. Not to concerned about a passenger. I was widowed last October. Covid hit us both. Im so thankful to the Lord for life. My wife didn’t recover. Adjusting to single life after 45 years together. She was precious and a joy to be with. Me and my children and grandchildren miss her greatly. The grandchildren were excited to see my “NEW” motorcycle! I’m not sure how much riding I will be doing. I have become official babysitter and school transportation daily now.
Sorry for your loss, sounds like you have a great family close and are a big part of. Nice looking bike !!

· Registered
14 Posts
Hello. Excited to join this group. I’m 72, I've owned mini bikes, scooters, motorcycles since I was 14. I've Always owned standard, sportstouring machines. My last 3 being BMW RT‘s since 1988. Yes I keep what I like a long time. I experienced a workshop/garage fire last August. My beloved 2008 BMW R1200 RT was destroyed. At 72 it’s been a difficult decision if I want another bike. Don’t ride like I use to but I enjoyed errands and long weekend rides. That being said I’ve searched at first for another BMW. But I recently ran across an ad on a 2009 Vulcan Classic LT with 13,050 miles at a reasonable price for me. The owner recently experienced a mild heart attack and not recommended he ride for a while. Garage kept. Appears very clean no rust. Standard equipment other than the windshild replaced with a CBaily windshield and clear hand guards. I test drove it. It runs very well. All seems normal. Not use to a cruiser style. While on the test run i was not comfortable leaning into corners? Felt like I couldn’t lean like Im use to? I was expecting this sort of thing But maybe just had a top heavy feeling? Not sure? But was very steady on the straight line. No noticeable vibrations. So my question is to owners of these fine machines would you say this is normal, handling and will just take’s adjusting from riding a sport touring bike to a cruiser? The tire’s appear good but i would say over 50% worn. Look hard and dry. I would replace with new ones which should improve handling. I am certainly use to more power but for what I need for now I believe this would do just fine. Appreciate any and all information. Thank you.
Welcome
I’m 74 years old and bought a 2018 Kawasaki 900 classic limited. Before that I was riding Harley Davidson Street glide and before that I Harley Davidson Electra glide when I bought the Kawasaki on the way home I went down some nice curvy roads and I felt the same as you say I couldn’t go into the curves this way I wanted to seem like I was a new rider.
I had a friend over one day looking at the new bike and I sat on it and he said you need to change your seating position you’re leaning to far forward and my arms weren’t relaxed, so I put on handlebar risers and change the seat to a seat that moved me for a little bit
After that no problem going in the corners now maybe it’s just you’re sitting position. It works for me now I really enjoyed riding the bike it worked for me at 5’ 6” if you’re tall and this might not help.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Excited to join this group. I’m 72, I've owned mini bikes, scooters, motorcycles since I was 14. I've Always owned standard, sportstouring machines. My last 3 being BMW RT‘s since 1988. Yes I keep what I like a long time. I experienced a workshop/garage fire last August. My beloved 2008 BMW R1200 RT was destroyed. At 72 it’s been a difficult decision if I want another bike. Don’t ride like I use to but I enjoyed errands and long weekend rides. That being said I’ve searched at first for another BMW. But I recently ran across an ad on a 2009 Vulcan Classic LT with 13,050 miles at a reasonable price for me. The owner recently experienced a mild heart attack and not recommended he ride for a while. Garage kept. Appears very clean no rust. Standard equipment other than the windshild replaced with a CBaily windshield and clear hand guards. I test drove it. It runs very well. All seems normal. Not use to a cruiser style. While on the test run i was not comfortable leaning into corners? Felt like I couldn’t lean like Im use to? I was expecting this sort of thing But maybe just had a top heavy feeling? Not sure? But was very steady on the straight line. No noticeable vibrations. So my question is to owners of these fine machines would you say this is normal, handling and will just take’s adjusting from riding a sport touring bike to a cruiser? The tire’s appear good but i would say over 50% worn. Look hard and dry. I would replace with new ones which should improve handling. I am certainly use to more power but for what I need for now I believe this would do just fine. Appreciate any and all information. Thank you.
I own the exact bike you're talking about 09 Vulcan 900 LT I've owned five bikes it is one of the greatest bikes I've ever owned now if you going on a long drive your crotch will get a little tired so I upgraded to the Mustang seat but I know a lot of people that took the leather off drummled out the home and put gel back in answer your question on the turn left right is no problem it does take a big circle to do a 160 I go slow and sometimes put my feet down but it's belt driven fuel injected water cooled one of the smoothest bikes I've ever ridden it drives itself yeah I'd get new tires I'm sure the price is great I put some upgraded parts of mine and mine is the blue and black two-tone that I love her

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts