Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this site for a while and decided to join. This site was a big help when I was deciding to get my first bike after not riding for over 15 years. I am a former Kawi Ninja ZX6 owner and decided to get a cruiser. I live in Florida where the roads are straight and flat so it just did not make since to me to get another sport bike even though I do love them.

I picked up a new 2014 Vulcan 900 Custom in metallic green and absolutely love it. It is much more nimble than I ever thought an entry (kind of) cruiser could be. I was really turned on by the looks, value, ease of maintenance, and good ride. My only gripes are that it could use more power and a sixth gear, but it does what I would expect for a bike in its class. I would definitely make the same decision again knowing what I know now.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Welcome aboard. . Yep, its a different ride.. I had a R6 went I bought the custom. You plan/ride differently. Yo plOuouto brake vs twiat the throttle to get out of a situation. What part of Florida?

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
Newbie Old Rider here too...

Welcome !!!

Luckymann77

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
To sbg8r, I'm in southeast fl just north of the Palm Beach area. You in FL?
Yep, Melbourne..
there are several in around your area, from miami, coral gables, boynton beach and I believe west palm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts