Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Gary, I bought a 2014 Vaquero SE 2 weeks ago & just love this bike !. I have been riding for about 35 years & this makes my 4th current bike. I have 2 Honda V65 Magna's that I restored "1984 & 1986" & a 2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400. I'm probably going to sell all the other bikes eventually & keep just the Vaquero. I just got a Wompas rack & am waiting on my adjustable backrest to be delivered. I'm going to buy a tour pack to put on the rack and am in the middle of trying to find which one I want to buy. I'm planning some long trips for this summer on the Vaquero and look forward to many miles & smiles !

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts

·
Super Moderator
919 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. My next bike will probably be another Nomad due to a somewhat restrictive toy budget, but if I could afford a new bike that is what I would get.

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan Voyager
120 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I always tell people that the bike is just the down payment on the accessories. Have fun making the bike your own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I always tell people that the bike is just the down payment on the accessories. Have fun making the bike your own.
I've had the bike for almost 3 weeks. I'm getting the accesories out of the way early. So far I've bought a Wompus rack, Adjustable drivers backrest, clearview windshield, Saddle Shields heat shields, 12v powerport, Kawasaki GPS Garmin mount, Powered Cell phone mount and a Tire pressure monitor system. I'm now shopping for a tour pack & going to pull the trigger on the driving light kit soon. I installed the Kawasaki GPS Garmin mount today & installed my Garmin 665, I love how the GPS works with the factory stereo system. All my music on the GPS now plays threw the bikes system & can control the volume with the handlebar controls !. It's greast how Kawasaki thought ahead & put all the connectors in the fairing for the GPS, Power & Ground connections & extra connectors for other accesories. On my Concours 1400 & other bikes I always had to add a fuse block off the battery & then run power & ground wires from the fuse block to anywhere I was installing accesories. I'm really loving this bike !

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan Voyager
120 Posts
Hey, no judgement here. I took my Voyager on a 3 hour ride to buy a Mustang seat for it a week after I bought it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts