Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new member from Vancouver. I ride a 2008 Vulcan Classic LT.
Mods include engine crash bars, highway pegs, aftermarket exhaust baffles, sissy bar, windshield, gauges (tach, oil pressure, water temp, ammeter). Am anxious for a new riding season to begin!

Cheers, Clay

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad you decided to join us. Living up north does cause non riding season anxiety. PBS (Parked Bike Syndrome). When I lived up north, would sit in the garage, cleaning the bikes, listening to music, and just sat there staring at them. The cold weather seems to hold you hostage for months. Fortunately now live down south just below the snow line and if I brave the cold, can pretty much ride all year. Just get a lot of rain here. Post us a pic or two of your ride when you get a chance. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and stay warm.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Nice looking ride. How about a few pics of the gauges and any more information you have on them. What type of assembly are they mounted in? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking ride. How about a few pics of the gauges and any more information you have on them. What type of assembly are they mounted in? Thanks.
Here's a pic of the gauges and housings, which are DynoRacing from AliExpress. I fabricated the mount that attaches to the handlebar mount, and a plexiglass plate that connects the housings to the mount.
gauges.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Hi Claymation. Thanks for the pics and gauge information. Obviously your picture was taken while the bike was idling and not fully warmed up. What is full operating temperature? Also, it is amazing that there is no registrable oil pressure at idle. What is the running oil pressure? Say at 40-50mph. Thanks for contributing this information to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Tourer. The bike was warm. The gauge is in Celsius, as Canada is metric, and was reading just under 100C, or about 205 F. Oil pressure is very low at idle when the bike is warm. When it's cold, it can easily be over 80 PSI if you rev the engine. From memory, at 40-50 mph, it's around 25 PSI or so when warm.

Cheers, Clay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts