Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, happy to join the community today although not just for myself, today my wife and I participated in a local demo day and she ended up reserving a 2020 Vulcan S in metallic matte mysterious gray! We both sold our former bikes back in 2015 due to current life situations and finally got to the point where we could relive the dream, and we couldn't be happier! I used this forum to research this bike and the information I found proved very useful, and the way she described the ride sounded exactly as I expected to hear based on others experience here so thank you for the great insights. I look forward to being a part of the community and sharing our experiences with the bike, having been a car mechanic for nearly 20 years I am quite familiar with working on just about any vehicle though my experience with bikes was limited to only a few models over the course of a few years, but I hope to prove useful to someone out there some day as you have been for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, I am actually in collegeville which is even closer in that direction, we have some great roads around here that I cant wait to try out on two wheels. If you are familiar with blue comet motorcycle club we are a couple miles away from them.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
299 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. We need pictures of the new ride. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will post up pictures once it's picked up and brought home!

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Glad you joined us. I used to visit your area back in my long haul days almost on a weekly basis. Beautiful riding country. Looking forward to those pics.

·
Super Moderator
1,466 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Two new bikes, Yum Yum! Congratulations on your new rides. Happy to see you are getting back into motorcycling. This forum is a great place for sharing knowledge and expertise on these bikes. I also am looking forward to the pictures. Be well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the warm welcomes and encouragement, it's been a while since I used an image hosting site for pictures but I do have these from when we were at the dealership lets see if I can make it work hopefully I dont fail on my first day!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, cant wait to finalize this week so we can get them home for some better more proper pictures, they will look way better back at our home after a long ride than they ever can in the showroom!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, things started off great, finalized the paperwork all good to go, my brother even met us there with his zx10r to join us for the first ride, unfortunately wifey had a meeting with a guard rail leaving the lot. Thankfully she is ok aside from a bruise on her right knee, the bike got a good dent in the tank and it severed all the wires to the right bar, kill switch brake lamp switch etc. Our friend that drove us there came back and picked her up, I rode my z900 home and parked in the garage as I couldn't enjoy it knowing how she must feel right now. On the bright side she is quite a good sport about it so far, she definitely is handling it better than I would if it were the other way around. Either way, here are a couple pictures prior to the incident

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh no! That was my scare at buying my first bike ... driving it off the lot and something like that happening. I opted to have mine delivered and got familiar with it at home and in the neighborhood. Glad she's ok!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts